Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Face of the day (02.01.13)

Today's face of the day features orange as the main focus, as you might have seen on Instagram if you follow me (@makeupbypatricia).


I decided to make it more "fun" and "daytime" by adding some metallic gold eyeliner and smoking it up with a creamy, brown shadow. 

To see more pictures and a list of detailed products that I used, continue reading!


Step one: eyes

From left to right: Shiseido Shimmering Eye Cream in Techno Gold, Mac Red Brick, Mac Sunny Spot, Mac Espresso, Mac Blanc Type


1. I applied Shimmering Cream Eye Color in "Techno Gold" by Shiseido as a base. This is a metallic, dewy and sparkly color. I love, love, love the texture - extremely creamy and easy to blend. 

Kat Von D Ludwig Palette (left), Dior Garden Pastels (right)
2. I added Brick Red by Mac to my lids, followed by Sunny Spot blended on the crease.

3. To intensify the look, I used the shade "Leather" from Kat Von D's Ludwig Palette (matte brown). Then blended, applied some more, blended, applied some more...until I was satisfied with the smokey effect.

4. I applied Mac's Blanc Type below my brows as a neutral highlight (no shimmer as there was enough reflection below from the Shiseido base). 

5. To open up my eyes, I used the bottom left champagne shade from Dior's "Garden Pastels" Palette on the tear duct area. 

From left to right: Mac Fluidline, Stila Kajal Eye Liner, Mac Super Slick Liquid Eye Liner, Benefit They're Real Mascara

6. After drawing a thin line with a wing above my top lashes using Fluidline  in the color Blacktrack by Mac, I added some sparkle over it using Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in the color "Pure Show", also by Mac

7. I applied Stila's Kajal Eye Liner in the color "Onyx" on my waterline, and smudged some on my bottom lash line. 

8. After curling my lashes, I lengthened my top and bottom lashes using They're Real Mascara by Benefit.

9. I filled in my brows with Espresso by Mac


Step two: perfect the face

From left to right: Benefit Porefessional, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation and Concealer, Vichy Normaderm Concealer


1. I primed my skin using Porefessional by Benefit

2. After not having used it much in a while because it is so hard to find anywhere near me, I decided to use my Healthy Mix Foundation by Bourjois in the shade 56 Light Bronze (one of my favorite). 

3. I concealed my dark circles with the Healthy Mix Concealer in the shade 53 Dark Radiance, also by Bourjois

4. I concealed my spots using Vichy's Normaderm concealer. 

Random fact: Bourjois owns Chanel. I thought it was the other way around, but Wayne Goss clarified this on Youtube. Correct me if I'm wrong. 


Step 4: enhance your natural features

From left to right: Illamasqua Cream Blusher, Mac Pro Sculpting Cream, Benefit High Beam, Make Up For Ever HD Powder


Onto my favorite step! Ahhhhh! I can't stress enough how beautiful this can be. The magic of contouring. 

1. I contoured my nose and cheekbones using my Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in the shade "Richly Honed".

2. I highlighted the top of my cheekbones, cupid's bow and center of my nose using High Beam by Benefit.

3. I added this gorgeous red by Illamasqua in the shade "Brazen" on my cheeks blending upwards (PS: be EXTREMELY light handed when applying it, as it is extremely pigmented. 

4. I lightly powdered my t-zone using Make Up Fore Ever's HD Powder. 


Step 5: lips


Not too much rambling here. I just added a pinkish-corally toned lipstick. This is in the shade 55 Blushing by Estee Lauder followed by Palladio's "Plump 'n' Shine" clear lipgloss. 




The following pictures show the final result. Thanks for reading!






Have a lovely day! x





No comments:

Post a Comment