Friday, January 11, 2013

Face of the day (11.01.13)

Brights!

Those are the colors I've been into recently. A pop of color. It never really felt like winter to me anyway because Venezuela is really warm.

So if you're either watching the snow fall or enjoying the sunshine, let these colors remind you that spring is just around the corner!


Interested in seeing which colors I used? Continue reading!




Step one: Eyes
I primed my eyelids using Mac's paint pot in the shade "Painterly".

Mac Paint Pot in the shade "Painterly"

Using the Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box, I added "Fishnet" and "Ransom" to my eyelids.


Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box

From left to right: Mac Pro Longewear Eye Shadow in the shade "Tease With Ease" and "Red Brick"

The trick on this look is to go from purple to brighter colors - it is not intended to be a smokey eye at all. I started off with purple shades from the Urban Decay Palette. To give this look a real pop of color, I added Mac's Pro Longwear Eye Shadow in the shade "Tease Witth Ease" and then "Red Brick" lightly blended above. 


I then added a thick line on my top lashline using Mac's Fluidline in the shade "Blacktrack", followed by their Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in "Pure Show" (once the Fluidline dried).

On my bottom waterline I used  Bourjois Metallic Eyeliner in the shade "78 Bleu Chatoyant", blending Sephora's Waterproof Jumbo Liner in "13 Marine" on the bottom lashes. 

I curled my lashes and thickened them by applying Benefit's They're Real Mascara. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder in the shade "Brunette"
I groomed my eyebrows using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in the shade "Brunette".


Step two: Face
From left to right: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Cream Compact Foundation, Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in the shade "Richly Honed", Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in the shade "63 Plum Attraction"

My base for today was Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Cream Compact in the shade "30 Beige".

I contoured my cheekbones, temples and jawline using my Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in the shade "Richly Honed".

And lastly, as a blush, I used my Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in the shade "63 Plum Attraction".

Mac Studio Finish Concealer NC30

I concealed my dark circles using my Mac Studio Finish Concealer in the shade NC30.


Step three: Lips
To finish off the look, I used Tarte's Lip Surgence in the shade "Envy".

Tarte Lip Surgence in the Shade "Envy"


The Final Look?




Thanks for reading! Have a lovely, safe and fun weekend! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. What a fun, colourful look! I love it- the metallic gold liner is especially fantastic :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete