Monday, January 28, 2013

January Empties

Hi everyone!

I hope you've all had a great Monday and beginning of the week.

Today I have my "January Empties" for you - One hair product and five skincare products!




And while I am typing this.... I am ....


Yep, eating left-over Christmas M&M's. I told you I was addicted!

Now it's time to get serious! I will give you my in depth opinion about these products individually, and I'll tell you whether I would re-purchase these products or not. 

If you're interested, continue reading!





Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo With Oat Milk 


What is it?
A lightweight, gentle dry shampoo that eliminates dirt, oil and odors. It leaves my hair so soft and with  gorgeous, yet controlled volume. Unlike many dry shampoos, this one doesn't leave any white residues on dark hair. 

It's good to know that...
- It's sulfate-free, sodium chloride-free and paraben free. 
- It's gentle enough for frequent use.

How do you apply it?
Shake the can well, apply it evenly on the roots of your hair. Make sure you're holding the bottle vertically and six inches away from your hair. Then wait two minutes, comb through until the powder is no longer visible and voila! Style as usual. 

Who would love this?
- People who are on the go. I honestly think this would benefit everyone - men and women. This is a perfect product for travelling because you don't need any water and it does its job quick. I wish I had this with me the last time I went camping! 
- People who are looking to extend their blow out or that want to get in the habit of not washing their hair everyday.
- People who want a  fast way to make their hair pretty after working out. 
- People  with oily scalps. It truly gets rid of all the oil and it makes my hair super soft. 

Will I re-purchase it?
Of course. I'm on my second bottle and I have a third one as a back-up!




Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum



What is it?
A light, milky, oil-free floral-scented serum with quick absorption. 

It's good to know that...
- It's paraben, sulfate and phthalate-free.
- It's hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. 
- It's rich in hyaluronic acid. 
- It's formulated with organic grape water, a powerful antioxidant that protects against UV rays and free radicals while boosting the skin's hydration. 

How do you apply it?
Apply to cleansed face and neck prior to your moisturizer, day and night or as preferred. 

Who would love this?
People with dehydrated skin, whose skin feels tight and looks dull.

Will I re-purchase it?
No, simply because I admit I am a product junkie and want to try new things! I did though, love how it quickly got rid of that tight feeling after washing my face with acne-prone cleansers.




La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo



What is it?
An acne-prone skincare product.

It's good to know that...
- It's paraben and fragrance-free.
- The combination of niacinamide and piroctone olamine fight bacteria and help eliminate imperfections.
- The combination of LHA and linoleic acid unclogs pores and eliminates accumulated dead cells on the surface of the skin which cause the blockage. In other words, this is also a chemical exfoliator.
- It contains La Roche Posay thermal water which soothes and helps reduce irritation. 
- It contains salycilic acid. 
- There are two versions of this product: the French, world-wide one which is this one, and an American one which contains different ingredients.
- The product goes on clear, which means you can use it during the day. 
- It is a strong product. If you have sensitive skin or if you're new to its ingredients, apply it every other day until your skin becomes accustomed. 

How do you apply it?
Apply a thin layer to cleansed skin. I personally use it under my moisturizer when my skin is misbehaving and over my moisturizer as a preventative treatment.

Who would love this?
People with acne-prone skin who are looking to treat their spots or prevent them from coming back.

Will I re-purchase it?
As you can see, I squeezed the life out of my last one (pic above) I'm already on my fifth tube which was my back-up!




Caudalie Moisturizing Cream-Mask


What is it? 
A very thick, moisturizing mask for all skin types. Mine is a sample!

It's good to know that...
- It contains grape oil.
- It contains hyaluronic acid.

How do you apply it?
Apply a thick layer to cleansed face, neck and around the eye area. Leave it on for 15 minutes, and then massage in the excess.

Who would love this?
People with extremely dry, tight skin who love heavy masks that don't dry.

Will I re-purchase it?
No. I'm glad this was a sample. It is way too thick and heavy for me. My skin didn't even slightly absorb the thick layer.




Vichy Aqualia Thermal Eye Roll-On



What is it?
An eye-contour roll on that helps reduce the appearance of dark circles and under-eye bags. 

It's good to know that...
- It's paraben-free.
- It's a clear gel. 
- It is fantastic to apply before you do your makeup. PS: Using an eye-cream or eye gel helps concealer glide on a lot easier. 
- It's rich in Vichy Thermal Water and hyaluronic acid. 
- It's tightening.
- It is fantastic at de-puffing the eyes - therefore, great for mornings!

How do you apply it?
Morning and night, apply it by squeezing the tube and massaging the roll-on onto the eye-contour (undereye, eyelids and sides).

Who would love this?
- People with dark circles and undereyes.
- People who love a tightening effect on their eyes. 

Will I repurchase it?
I'm already using my back-up (second tube) and I will continue to buy it. I find it extremely effective and I absolutely love the tightening effect you get seconds after applying this and how cool (temperature-wise) the metal ball is! It is so relaxing to apply. Love, love, love.




Bioderma Sebium H20



What is it?
A cleansing water for combination or oily skin.

It's good to know that...
- It cleanses the skin without drying it, meaning it won't strip your natural oils and it won't make your skin feel tight afterwards.
- It's gentle enough to use daily - morning and evening. 
- It regulates oil production.
- It effectively gets rid of makeup.
- Unlike the popular Bioderma Sensibio H20 (the one with the pink lid), it isn't meant for the eyes or lips, just the face. I have used it to remove eye-makeup and it does work, but it can sting your eyes if you get any product in them. 
- You can also clean your neck, chest and back with this. PS: You might be grossed out by the amount of dirt you see on the cotton pad. 

How do you apply it?
Dampen a cotton pad with the product and cleanse the face. Repeat the process until the cotton pad is clean. 

Who would love this?
Those with combination or oily skin. 

Will I repurchase it?
No, because I prefer to use the one for sensitive skin (pink cap) just because I love the fact that that one can also be used on the eyes and lips. But I would re-purchase it if for some reason I couldn't find it at the drugstore. 





And that is it! I hope you found this post useful. What were your January empties? Which products would you recommend?

12 comments:

  1. Seriously Patricia, have you notices the difference between your first post ever and this one? You're improving day by day and I enjoy reading your posts! Love love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Gorkem! You are the sweetest. Thank you for putting a smile on my face and always supporting me. I went through some old posts just now and I am pretty proud of myself. Remember if it weren't for you, this blog would have been deleted. So endless thank you's to you! xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Ahh que buena review! Sebium de Bioderma se volvió mi cleanser preferido, amo el olor que tiene también! :)
    No tuve los mejores resultados con el dry shampoo de Klorane, though... creo que fue my culpa o me vendieron mal la botella pq a muchas bloggers amigas si les funciono!
    Y MUERO por pobar effaclar duo, ya ya quiero que se me acabe mis otros moisturizers asi lo compro xx :)

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. El effaclar duo de verdad es estupendo. es un producto muy unico por sus ingredientes. Que mal lo de klorane, pero bueno, eso pasa con todos. no a todos nos cae bien/gusta algo. Que te paso cuando te lo echaste?

      Delete
  3. Wow! Great reviews! I will have to keep an eye for the products you like the most!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your reviews Patricia!
    I'm also in love with Bioderma and Caudalie products!
    I'm using the Klorane shampoo at the moment, it's very gentle and suitable for my son too! I'm interested to try this dry shampoo.
    Thanks for sharing!
    You know what my empties are this month! ;-) I have many more to come, I'm behind those posts! I need to get them out of my way! Kisses! xx

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Anne! I'm looking forward to your future posts! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia! Do you always use the Klorane? I bought an Ojon dry shampoo and I really didn't like it. I have long hair that brushes against my neck and the dry shampoo made my neck really really itchy. Have you ever had an experience like that with different brands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Serena!
      Yep.. it's the only dry shampoo I have tried so far. Thanks for telling me you disliked the one by Ojon! I had my eye on it! That's pretty weird. Ojon hasn't disappointed me yet. And nope, I have never experienced the itchiness.

      Delete
    2. I know! I was disappointed too. It was the Ojon Full Detox Cleansing Powder which is the blue one. I haven't tried the other Ojon ones. The Klorane sounds like it may be less irritating so I'll have to try it out! Thanks for the review!

      Delete