Saturday, February 2, 2013

January Favorites


Hi everyone! I'm a little late on my January Favorites. But here I go! These were the products I reached out the most/I was most impressed with this month. Let's begin!

1. L'oreal Translucent Powder with Vitamin C: An excellent drugstore powder. It's very finely milled and I have been really impressed at how good it is at controlling oil. I tap this on my T-zone and I am shine free for more than six hours! It also makes my skin look healthy.

2. REN No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm: a lovely rose-scented balm infused with natural oils. It is a dream to work with if you are patient enough to massage your face for a few minutes. I don't want to write so much about it because I will review it soon

3. Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder: I have the shade 002 Sunlight. It's a soft, sheer bronzer that is so easy to use, you will never look like you've overdone it. A combination of peach and warm tones instantly make me look healthy and awake. I like to use my Make Up For Ever Kabuki Brush to apply it - going stronger on my cheekbones and lighter on the rest of my face. 

4. Kerastase Elixir Ultime: It smells divine, leaves my hair soft and manageable and it is very versatile. You can use it as a pre-shampoo treatment, a leave-in treatment (which is the way I use it), a pre-blowout treatment or a post-blow out treatment to add shine and tame frizz. It can be applied on dry or wet hair. 

5. Vichy Aqualia Thermal Eye-Roll On: Tightening, cooling, moisturizing, firming, de-puffing, amazing. I'm on my second tube and I know I will be repurchasing it. I use it every single day when I wake up and before I apply make-up. 

6. Illamasqua Cream Blush: I have the shade Brazen. It is a bright red that looks scary on the pan, but it looks extremely natural on the cheeks. It reminds me of how my skin looks after being out in the snow for a long time. Tip: Be extremely light-handed with Illamasqua's cream blushes because they are EXTREMELY pigmented. 

7. Mac Studio Finish Concealer: I have the shade NC 30. I am very glad I got this. I was really hesitant and dubious about buying this because there were mixed reviews about it when using it on the under-eye area. Some people said it was horribly cakey, while others loved it. I love it. I really do. I think a little goes a long way, the coverage is pretty good, I love the fact that it's water resistant and that it has SPF. I find the texture really light. It does not feel heavy nor cakey. 

8. Mac Pro Sculpting Cream: I have the shade Richly Honed. I love, love, love this for contouring. It's a cream-to-powder formula, giving me the cheekbones I've always wanted to have. I love to apply this using my Real Techniques Contour Brush.

8. La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat: A mattifying moisturizer with a gel-like consistency. It hydrates and tightens the skin. People with combination to oily skin will love this. I do not recommend this to people with normal to dry skin. It does an excellent job at keeping the skin shine-free, and with prolonged use, it reduces the size of pores and decreases sebum production. Yes and yes. It does both. I'm on my second tube. PS: It makes an excellent primer. 

9. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder: I have the shade Dark Brown. I never really paid attention to my brows til last year. I thought they were too dark and thick as they were. Usually I would see that those who used brow products were women with very thin and light brows, but after using this powder, I learned that groomed eyebrows look best. Anastasia offers two shades - the dark shade is meant to cover any spots that need filling, while the lightest shade is meant to be applied all over the brow. Even though this is a powder formula, the color does not fade at all. 

10. Yves Rocher Aqua Tonic Masque: A yummy-scented moisturizing mask that works in just three minutes. Inexpensive, effective and plumping. 

11. The Body Shop Neroi Jasmin Body Lotion: Probably one of my favorite scents ever. You have to smell this. It is divine. Seriously. Go to a store and just smell it. You'll thank me later. PS: It's light but moisturizing enough, and the smell lingers. 




What were your January Favorites? 
Which products do you strongly recommend?



8 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia!

    You have some great favorites here! You were right, we do have a lot in common! ;-)
    I love that Dior Bronzer, I have the shade cinnamon. It looks nice and natural even though I'm very pale.
    The Elixir Ultime is my holy grail hair product, can't be without it! It smells so good too!
    I remember you talking about that La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat in a previous post... I made a mental note to try it during summer! I get oily on the T zone so I guess this would help me! I love that brand anyway so I have high hopes! LOL! ;-)
    Thanks for sharing! I'm off to bed now... :-)
    Kisses ❤

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will LOVE Effaclar Mat! Seriously, it's so good if you have problem with oiliness. And a little goes a long way. The bottle looks small but you actually get 40ml. 10ml more than most foundations.

      Delete
  2. Oops! I forgot about the Jasmine body lotion... AMAZING! I love the whole line, I finished the perfume a few days ago! It's the second time I buy it... Must be good! Hehe! :-) ❤

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love it too :D it smells like heaven.

      Delete
  3. I love the MAC Sculpting Creams. Really great monthly picks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your faves! Iv been meaning to give the mac sculpting creams ago! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hayley! They are really awesome. They come in a variety of shades so you will find one that suits you! xx

      Delete