Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Face of the Day (10.04.13): Pin-Up

Hi dolls!

So today I went for the classic pin-up which is my absolute favorite look (on myself).


Product List
1. Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil (to prep the skin)
2. Smashbox BB Cream shade Light-Medium
3. Mac Studio Finish Concealer NC 30
4. Stila Convertible Color shade Lillium
5. Stila All Day Liquid Lipstick shade Beso
6. Hourglass Ambient Powder shade Ethereal Light
7. Mac Fluidline Eye Gel Liner shade Blacktrack
8. L'oreal Voluminous Mascara Original shade Black
9. Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner shade Nude
10. Clinique Ultra Fine Liner for Brows shade Soft Brown

Tips When Wearing Red Lipstick

  • Make sure you conceal any blemishes and redness on your face. You want your lips to be the center of attention. 
  • If you're using a lip stain (which I did), the application can be tricky, especially when the formula is liquid. Start little by little. If you make any mistakes, grab a thin brush and use concealer to perfect the edges.
  • If you're going with a bold lip color, make sure your eyes are completely neutral. In contrast, if your main focus are the eyes, neutralize your lips. 

Chit-Chat
I went to Whole Foods today and had lunch with my mom and my sister. Then we all wandered around in different directions. I went to the essential oils section which is my favorite. If you're new to my blog,  you now know I love aromatherapy and essential oils. 





I left with three products: A large Herbal Mint Shower Gel from the line Whole Foods itself which was on sale for $4.99. 32FL OZ for $4.99!!! It's not too concentrated though, which is a con for me. But hey, for the price, why not?

I also got Deep Steep Rosemary-Mint Dry Oil. My mom had gotten a lavender one days ago and she found it really moisturizing and the smell was amazing. Since I'm a mint freak, I got this one for me.


Ingredients: Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, squalane (olive) oil, infusion of organic herbs; rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, geranium maculatum (geranium) flower extract, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf extract, aroma (organic and wildcrafted aroma blend).


I also got a versatile product - one you can use at home to spritz anywhere, in your car or on your body - Aura Cacia Peppermint Harvest Aromatherapy Mist.


Ingredients: AQUA (WATER), MENTHA X PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) OIL, CITRUS SINENSIS (SWEET ORANGE) OIL, MENTHA SPICATA (SPEARMINT) OIL, CANANGA ODORATA (YLANG YLANG) OIL.





4 comments:

  1. What a beauty!! I didn't find the red lipstick you were wearing. I'm curious to know, it looks perfect1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias preciosa! Did you look for it? Our skintone is very similar... and we both have dark eyes and dark hair - I think this would look stunning on you! BTW! It's SO long-lasting!

      Delete
  2. do whole food sale any Jamaican black castor oil or the regular one? how much do they cost?

    ReplyDelete
  3. do whole food sale any Jamaican black castor oil or the regular one? how much do they cost?

    ReplyDelete