Thursday, May 16, 2013

Face of the Day (16.05.13): Teal and Gold

Hey gorgeous! 

I've been waking up pretty early these days, so I have been experimenting with makeup before going to school. Today I created a look inspired by lots of pictures I have seen on Instagram lately. Basically, you pick two colors-- one added on the inner and outer corner, and the second color should pop on the center. I chose to work with teal and gold. If you're interested in finding out how I achieved this look and which products I used, please continue reading.



The Pictures
Indoor Lighting

Outdoor Lighting 1

Outdoor Lighting 3

Outdoor Lighting 3


The Products
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Inglot Eyeshadows: Matte 372, 25 and 335
- Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara
- Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal shade Nude
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo shade Brunette
- Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer shade SX 08
- Mac Studio Finish Concealer shade NC30
- Stila Convertible Color shade Lillium
- Mac Pro Sculpting Cream shade Richly Honed
- Benefit High Beam
- L'oreal Paris Translucide Loose Powder in Translucent
- Bourjois Lipstick in 08 Rose Delicat

The Procedure 
As always, I began priming my eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion, followed by Inglot Matte 372 Eyeshadow (teal) on the inner and outer corners only, leaving a blank spot on the middle. I applied shade 25 which is a sparkly gold on the center. I finalized the eyes by lightly blending 335 on the crease-- a brown with red undertones. That was it for the eyeshadows! After curling my lashes, I applied two coats of Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara in Black. As for the eyeshadows, I used my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in the shade Brunette. 

My forehead and chin have been breaking out badly lately, so I needed a full coverage foundation. I went for my absolute favorite foundation at the moment-- Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer mixed with one drop of Fresh Seaberry Face Oil. Since I wanted a full coverage, I used a little more foundation as usual. I can't stress enough how much I love this foundation, seriously. I didn't even need concealer under my eyes. Although the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer can be used as a foundation and/or concealer, I wouldn't suggest using it on the under-eye area, simply because it has a very thick consistency, hence, it will most likely crease. Yet, I only used whatever was left on my brush on the under-eye area and voila... the darkness was gone. Since I'm simply OCD and a concealer junkie, I added some Mac Studio Finish Concealer in NC30. A tiny, wee-bit. I probably didn't need it...

I set everything in plac with L'oreal Translucide Powder in the shade Translucent to avoid/prevent shine during the day. It's been very, VERY hot in Maracaibo lately. I'm talking about the high 90'sF 40'sC. 

I wanted my skin to look flawless and to last all day, so I stuck to cream products for the rest of my face. I contoured my cheekbones and temples with Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in the shade Richly Honed, I added some color using Stila Convertible Color in the shade Lillium, and I added a subtle highlight to the top of my cheekbones, bridge of the nose and cupid's bow-- Benefit's High Beam. 

My lips are naturally pink. A rosy pink. I thought about not wearing any lipstick but I then went for a "nude"-- a color really close to my lip's natural pigment-- Bourjois Lipstick in 08 Rose Delicat.

And that was it! I received a lot of compliments on my skin on Instagram and in person today, but I give all the credit to Kevyn Aucoin. I have a painful cystic spot on my forehead which is obvious on the pictures, but makeup cannot get rid of texture, it can only conceal. As for my eyes, it's definitely different, but I received positive feedback in person on it as well. People will definitely be looking at you if you try something different. 

I hope you liked the look! Have a beautiful evening wherever you are. Much love! xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Great job! These colors look really great on you!!! :)

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat!

    That's very pretty and original! I love it!
    Your skin looks so good, no wonder you get lots of compliments!
    I had no idea you started school, I thought you studied from home... That's exciting!
    I thought it was "hot" here when we have around 25°C... I have a whole new respect for you now, LOL! Don't you have makeup sliding of your face with that kind of heat? What about the oil you add in your foundation??!
    I personally can't stand creams or liquids on my face when it's hot... I'm seriously impressed and in love with Laura Mercier mineral powder.
    Thanks for sharing with us!
    You are probably sleeping right now... I just woke up! :-)
    Sleep tight!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sis! LOL it is SOOOO hot here!!!! I always mention it on my posts. The thing is, there's AC everywhere.... so it's fine... it's just a few seconds of misery whenever I'm walking somewhere. I actually think I have more normal skin... it's just this unbearable weather which makes it more combo... I have never tried mineral makeup. If you like it, I'm sure I would like it as well. Will have to give it a shot!

    LOL as for the oil I add to the foundation, it's just one tiny drop, and it's easily absorbed by the skin. I mixed it so the foundation blends easier since it's a thick cream. you CAN mix it with lotion to turn it into a light tinted moisturizer, but I just need heavier coverage these days. I will have to try it by itself to see how it goes... Oh sis you always make me laugh haha. It's 12:23am and I HAD been on an awesome schedule thanks to school (yes, I started classes on Monday and it's been great, in the mornings), but I took a "nap" "accidentally" tonight from 6pm-9pm...so now I'm wired. Oh, and I had some German chocolate too. LOL

    Have a lovely morning sis! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing here, I can't get over how great your base looks. Sarah xx

    http://skinperfecting.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! The foundation is incredible. Thank you for leaving your blog link. I love reading new blogs! xx

      Delete