Friday, May 24, 2013

Foundation Series: Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer

I'll say it right away. This is hands down my favorite foundation. I call this my little pot of gold. Continue reading, you're gonna wanna!



Once upon a time, I was watching Wayne Goss as usual when suddenly, he displayed a beautiful little pot called Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer. That's when the love story began. 


At the the time I simply could not comprehend why he raved about this "foundation" which came in a little pot with 18g of product-- which yes, it did seem like a lot, but our minds have been tricked by companies by making us automatically think that the bigger the packaging, the more product you get. Wrong.

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer shade SX 08

Ok! Time to get serious. This stuff is ridiculously amazing. It can be used as a foundation or concealer. When used as a foundation, you can use it by itself for full coverage or you can mix it with a facial oil or moisturizer for a sheerer coverage. The finish by itself, I would say, is natural, but you could alter it you mix it with something. 

Texture-wise, it's creamy and thick, but blends effortlessly.

Ingredients

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diethylhexyl Succinate & Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyethylene, Magnesium Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Honey, Simmondsia & Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Beeswax, Butylene Glycol, Cholesterol, Lecithin & Talc, Triethylhexanoin, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891). 


For hygienic reasons, I like to grab a little bit of product using a plastic spatula.  

 You only need the slightest amount, and when I say that, I mean it. A little drop can cover your entire face. 

That tiny drop gave me all of this product.

Which was blended, but not all the way, into this.

I used it by itself today because I wanted full coverage. You guys know my skin looks like crap at the moment!

I was only wearing eye makeup on the picture down below.

The next pictures I'm about to show you have not been edited or photoshopped, as people call it.


Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Natural Lighting






Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer In Artificial Lighting 





My Makeup

Eyes first. So I primed my lids with Urban Decay Primer Potion and then worked with Mac eyeshadows only. I applied Red Brick all over my lid and blended Wedge mixed with Soft Brown and Saddle on my crease. I used Carbon to intensify my crease and used a 266 angle brush to wing it out. I added a bit of Samoa Silk on top of the brown shades used on the crease, and I used Shroom as a highlighter right below my brows. 

To intensify the look of my eyes, I used my Stila Kajal Eyeliner in the shade Onyx both my top and bottom waterline. I also smudged it on my bottom lashline and topped it with Carbon by Mac to set it. I then drew a line on my top lashline with Smashbox Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Deep Black. After curling my lashes, I applied two thick coats of Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara in Black on my top and bottom lashes. 

The falsies I'm wearing are by Sephora and they're called "Mink".

I filled in my brows using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Brunette. 

Moving onto my face-- I didn't use a primer. I simply applied my Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in the shade SX 08. I didn't need to conceal my undereye area, but I did highlight the area creating a V using Mac Prep and Prime Highlighting Pen in Radiant Rose. I also applied this down the bridge of my nose, a bit on my forehead, chin and cupid's bow. I set these areas with Mac Mineralize Natural Skin Finish in the shade Light. I then contoured my cheekbones, temples, jawline and nose using Mac Sculpting Cream in the shade Richly Honed. I used Illamasqua's Excite Blush, followed by Nars Orgasm Illuminator on the top of my cheekbones. 

On my lips, I used Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Barely Nude and then Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in Orchid Passion only on the center of my bottom lip. 

And that was it guys! I know it was a lot of makeup, but I wanted a dramatic look. I was also going to film my May Favorites afterwards, so I wanted to look good.  I've been feeling inspired and creative lately and this is my way of letting it out. I really hope you guys enjoyed this review. Have a beautiful evening and weekend! Much love! xx

10 comments:

  1. Ay suena como la base de mis sueños, que tan resulta con pieles oleosas?

    Estaa hermosa Pat, amo tu eyemakeup !!

    flo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabes, acabo de agregar la lista de ingredientes, porque esta a base de aceite mineral. Por lo tanto recomendaria usar un mattifying primer y set it with a powder! Si haces eso, estaras chevere, como decimos aqui en Venezuela. Al rato me sale un poco de brillo como siempre... pero hoy no use primer, y el polvo que use no fue matificante. Gracias por tus cumplidos como siempre!!! Besos!!!

      Delete
  2. ¡Acabo de pedir esta base a una web de USA! ¿Me muero de ganas de probarla, en serio, te sienta genial. POr cierto, acabo de descubrir tu blog y me quedo por aquí. Muy chulo. :)

    MyMakeUpCompulsion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Lou! Espero que el color que elegiste te sirva, a veces es dificil conseguir el tono de uno por internet. Pero bueno, el producto es FABULOSO como dije tantas veces. Gracias por tu cumplido sobre mi blog! Me alegro mucho que te guste, y gracias por dejar tu link. Ahorita me paso yo por alla! Un beso.

      Delete
  3. I need to try it for myself, but like you said in your video, it's best to get matched in person and I don't have a Bloomingdale's or any counter that sells Kevyn A in PR. I'll leave it on my wishlist for when I travel. I was skeptical because it comes in a pot but the results are amazing! And it looks so natural in the closeups!!!
    Gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do need to try it for yourself. I was just like you, super hesitant. I was actually close to buying it on Amazon last year but thank God I didn't, because my color would have been way off and I wouldn't have known how to properly use it. I didn't even know Bloomingdale's had a Space NK section (AMAZING!!!) and I was randomly walking there one day and I saw Kevyn Aucoin and my jaw dropped. The pot is so tiny, but you need such little amount... and you can go full on with coverage like I did for this look or you can turn it into a super light weight tinted moisturizer. Thanks for the compliments!!

      Delete
  4. The coverage is impressive, considering how little you have to use. Very pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. That's why I love it so much! Thanks! xx

      Delete
  5. Omg, your face looks absolutely flawless after the application! Thanks for the review, we might have to make a purchase now.

    Best to you dear x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know! That's why it's my favorite foundation. It's so versatile. Thank YOU guys for stopping by. Much love! xx

      Delete