Sunday, June 23, 2013

Current Night Time Skin Routine


Hi dolls! Today's post will be an updated version of my night-time skin routine. I'm constantly testing and rotating products, but these are the ones I've been using for the last three months and I've been loving them. Enjoy!


Step 1: Double-Cleanse


I used to use my Clarisonic Mia every single night, but I found that it was a little too much for my skin. I now use it three times a week and it's been great. I always double-cleanse no matter what. I wear SPF every single day; it's either in my foundation or my moisturizer. Thus, it's important to properly cleanse.

The product that I use on a daily basis at night is the REN No. 1 Purity Cleansing Balm which I've reviewed here. It is packed with natural ingredients that are gentle and moisturizing, yet it's strong enough to dissolve makeup and impurities. Applying this at night instantly makes me feel more relaxed. The rose aroma is soothing and the fact that you have to massage this onto your face for a minute or two is therapeutic to me. Note: the balm leaves a "film" on the skin which I remove with a damp washcloth. 

Once I've used that, I'll run a damp cotton pad with Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Solution (not in pic) all over my face to remove any possible traces of makeup.

On days that I do use my Clarisonic, I use it with the Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser after I've cleansed my skin with the REN Cleansing Balm. The Caudalie cleanser is ultra-gentle and doesn't strip my skin's natural oils.


Step Two: Toner


Since the Perricone MD Firming Facial Toner is a bit strong for me, I use it every two to three days. It contains Glycolic Acid as one of its main ingredients, so it acts as a subtle exfoliant as well, giving my skin a healthy glow. I use the Caudalie Beauty Elixir on the nights I don't use the Perricone MD toner. 


Step 3: Eye Cream


This used to be my last step in my night routine until I read Caroline Hiron's Cheat Sheet where she explained, "No matter how careful you apply your serums/moisturisers you will always get some in the eye area and then your eye cream won't absorb where you want it to. Pointless." So right. 

I use the Clinique Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream. It's thick and very moisturizing. 


Step 4: Moisturize


I'm absolutely head over heals with the Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil and I will review it shortly to explain to you why. In my attempt to not give away too much information, I'll just say I've used this every single night for the last three months. It's not only moisturizing, it has also helped my skin heal from acne scars and it has given it a more youthful appearance. Love.

I have combination dehydrated skin. When my skin is feeling a little drier than usual, I love adding the Fresh Rose Hydrating Gel Cream over the face oil. My skin is soft and supple the morning after. 


Step 5: Treat 


To treat the occasional spot, I use my Desert Essence 100% Australian Tea Tree Oil. You can read my review here. Unlike salycilic acid/benzoyl peroxide, tea tree oil doesn't irritate my skin.



Which products do you use at night? 

2 comments:

  1. You have a great routine!
    I'm really tempted to try one of those cleansing balms...
    The Clarisonic and the beauty elixir from Caudalie are also in my routine!
    I find it reduces the size of my pores.
    I'm on the market for a new serum, I think I'm going to try the Caudalie one (brightening).
    Those Fresh products sound really nice, can't wait to read your review!
    Big kiss sis!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis! I know you love Rose, I think you would really like the REN one. I was hesitant at first to try them out, but they are lovely to use. I've actually only used this one, but I am in love with it, and the pot lasts SO long because a little goes a long way.
    Let me know how the Caudalie serum works for you if you get it!
    And yes, so far, I haven't had any bad experiences with Fresh products. They're expensive, but worth it in my opinion. Big kiss! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete