Friday, June 7, 2013

Tea Tree Oil: A Natural Alternative For Spots

Whether you have acne-prone skin or you suffer from the odd breakout during, I'm pretty sure you've all tried a spot-treatment in your lifetime. Most of them made out of salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Problem is, they can be a little drying. There are also products out there which contain sulfur and alcohol. Those can be harsh as well. You don't want to irritate any areas that are already sensitive. Lately, I've been trying to be kinder to my skin, so I went back to good old Tea Tree Oil. Enjoy!

Tea Tree Oil is well known for its antiseptic properties. It can be used in so many ways. But this particular post is about why and how I use it in my skincare regimen. Contrary to most spot treatments, Tea Tree Oil does not dry out the skin nor does it make it flaky and dull, it just kills the bacteria to help the blemish heal in a gradual, but more gentle way. 

My favorite brand is by Desert Essence. I use their 100% Australian Tea Tree Oil. 

How to use it? Super simple. Just dip a Q-tip in the oil and gently pat it on any spots. Do not double-dip (insert the Q-tip more than once). The oil goes on clear, and it does not stain (Ahem, Benzoyl Peroxide, I'm talking to you).  

Tea Tree Oil has a very versatile product. If you're interested in finding out about more ways you can use it, Desert Essence neatly describes ten different ways you can use it

Do you use Tea Tree Oil? What do you use it mainly for? 

6 comments:

  1. I like using tea tree oil in water as a mouth rinse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing!! x

      Delete
  2. I purchased some tea tree oil at iherb.com last week.. espero que llegue ya !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buenisimo!!! Seguro te llega en estos dias! xx

      Delete
  3. Great tip my dear!
    I remember using tea tree oil from The Body Shop when I was a teenager!
    I will email you back very soon, I'm a bit more busy when my hubby is here! :-)
    Big kiss!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis! It's an oldie but a goodie... Take your time with the e-mail! :) xx

      Delete