Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil Review

My love for facial oils initiated a couple of years ago when I was introduced to the Clarins Blue Orchid Face Oil. I was extremely hesitant, like most people with combination/oily skin, to add oil to my skin. The idea of it seemed absurd to me, but then again, I was clueless as to how certain oils could actually benefit the skin, and even better, control the production of sebum. 

I'm excited to review the Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil because I have literally used it every single day for the last three months. Which says a lot considering I tend to switch things up for testing reasons. Enjoy. 


The Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil is $50 for 50ml. At first it might seem expensive, but the bottle will last you a very long time because you only need a drop or two with each use. As I mentioned in the beginning, I've used this oil every single night for the last three months. I use exactly two drops per night. You'll be surprised at how much I have left. 




I love the packaging of Fresh products-- they feel luxurious, heavy, expensive. This product is no exception. The oil comes in a heavy, thick glass bottle with a dropper included which is perfect because you get to control exactly how many drops you want to use. 


The bottle is designed in a way that nothing drips while you are removing the dropper from the bottle. Clever. 


The consistency of the oil is light, the color is slightly yellow-ish and the scent is a little bit medicinal and citrus-y to me. I actually like it a lot, but as always, there are some people who don't.

Ingredients
Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Fragrance, Bht, Linalool, Limonene, Citral, Coumarin, Geraniol.

It contains NO:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan 

Fresh states behind the bottle:

Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil is a precious blend of pure oils -- seaberry, cranberry seed, camellia seed, grapeseed, and sweet almond -- packed with restorative omegas to preserve a youthful appearance. The light-weight formula absorbs quickly for a boost of vital moisture. 

Directions: After cleansing, lightly massage 1 to 2 drops onto the face. 

My opinion: Yes, the oil is packed with extremely healthy things for your skin. 
- Seaberry oil is actually seabuckthorn oil: a powerful and moisturizing antioxidant.
- Omega 7: enhances the skin's natural healing process.
- Omega 6 and 9: Improve elasticity and smoothness.
- Omega 3: Calms and soothes.
- Cranberry Seed Oil: Maintains skin's elasticity and smoothness. 

My skin looks revived after putting this oil on and it definitely drinks it up quick-- meaning it absorbs fast. It doesn't leave my skin feeling oily, but rather smooth and plump. A drop or two will do, and I like to gently massage it onto my face and I then, very lightly, tap the product to make sure it's fully absorbed. 

Now, what has kept me attached to this product? It's hard for me to stick to one thing because I'm always testing out products. The answer: the results. My skin was dehydrated before I began using this oil. I would wake up the next morning with some dry patches in between my brows or around my mouth. This oil has nourished my skin so much that those patches are gone. My skin looks a lot more radiant and healthier. I've also noticed some acne scars have faded-- perhaps due to the oil's repairing agents. And a bonus: The areas on my face that used to be oily (t-zone) are less oilier than they were before.

And there's a pretty cool story I want to share with you:

The story of Seaberry: “When I was two, living in a small town in East Siberia, I tipped over a pot of boiling water and burned my arm. The doctor treated me with a pasty orange salve that I later learned was seaberry oil (also known as seabuckthorn). Native to Siberia, this restorative oil has been used for generations as a natural cure.”—Lev Glazman, Fresh Co-Founder

Big thumbs up, Fresh!










8 comments:

  1. I've become a fan of facial oils as well, will have to try this one at some point! I've been using Tarte's maracuja oil for the past few months, with good results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! I've heard great things about that oil! x

      Delete
  2. I know that you love this very much because you've featured it on your Instagram and have used quite a lot of product up. I'd love to get a bottle next time I'm at Sephora. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do love it! :) Smell it before you purchase it if you still want to by then-- some people are bugged by the scent.. but as I said on the review, I personally love it. X

      Delete
  3. My skin already oily so what you think that facial oils are good for my skin???

    Regards,
    Alison | obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison! I can't really say yes to that... because this oil isn't really meant to mattify or control the production of sebum... it has worked for me great bc my skin was also dehydrated. I do think that there are oils appropriate for you. When you're shopping for oils, look for words like "balancing" x

      Delete
  4. Patricia how can this be recommended for oily combination skin? Won't this make me more oily?? What other fresh products are you liking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, some oils can actually help. Drier formulas that I can think of that would be great for your combo/oily skin are Tarte's Maracuja Oil and Algenist Anti-Aging Oil.

      Delete