Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Foundation SOS

We've all come a cross a few problems with our foundation... Here are some tips that might help you if your foundation isn't quite working well. 



If your foundation is too light...
Bronzer will be your best friend. For a more natural effect, opt for a matte bronzer (no shimmer) to warm up your complexion. Some good options are Benefit Hoola, Make Up For Ever Matte Bronze and Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder. Focus where the sun would naturally hit you, and remember to go down your neck - you don't want a bronzed face and a white neck! 


If your foundation is too dark...
Mix it with a lighter foundation - any kind. Just mix and match and see which results you like best. PS: This technique works best with liquid or cream foundations. 


If your foundation lacks luster...
Do you have a foundation you love, but makes you look a bit washed out or dull? Mix your current foundation with an illuminator, or use the illuminator as a base for your foundation for the ultimate lit-from-within glow. My favorite illuminators are Nars Orgasm Illuminator, Benefit Girl Meets Pearl and Benefit High Beam. But there are tons in the market! Just make sure you use a liquid formula so the foundation and illuminator blend with ease. 

If your foundation clings to dry patches...
Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. You should moisturize every single day, even if you're oily. In fact, if you have oily skin and you do not moisturize your skin properly, your sebum production will automatically increase. Hence = more blotting sheets and more frustration. 
Use a moisturizer adequate for your skin type. I have normal skin and my current favorite one is the REN Vita Mineral Day Cream

And exfoliate guys... it doesn't matter how much you moisturize, you need to get rid of the flakes. If you have sensitive skin, I highly recommend the REN Jojoba Microbread Purifying Facial Polish. If your skin can tolerate a bit more abrasion, I'd go for something like the Soy Fresh Exfoliant. Exfoliating is a MUST if you are going to use a matte foundation. 

If your cream foundation is too thick...
If you have dry skin, use a drop or two of your favorite facial oil. This will create more slip. Blending will be a dream. 

If your foundation is too yellow...
I currently have this issue with my Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer, which I love to the moon and back. I use SX08 and it is way too yellow for me, hence, I always use a) a lighter concealer under my eyes, b) a pink-tone liquid matte highlight, and my HG is Mac Prep and Prime Highlight in Radiant Rose. It's so easy to use, and it balances my skintone just right - popping that bit of pinkish underdone my skin naturally have. Aside from that, I set any highlighted areas with a powder lighter than my skin-tone. 


* Final Beauty Tips *
- Use a clean tissue and press it against your skin right after applying your foundation; this will absorb excess oil.

- Let your foundation sit for a couple of minutes before adding anything else.

- If you're using a powder or liquid-to-powder foundation, avoid using cream products on top (highlighters, blushes, bronzers) because once powder is on the skin... nothing will be able to glide on top. 

- If you have facial hair, blend your foundation downwards. 


Have a beautiful week guys! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Twitter
Xoxo,
pat

2 comments:

  1. Me encantaron los tips, que ganas de probar las hidratantes de REN :)

    x
    http://holaflo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias nena! REN es tremenda linea. Ya que prontito te vas a Europa, me imagino que la podras probar. Tienen una linea para piel grasa que he oido que es hiper buena. Besote!

      Delete