Sunday, December 8, 2013

Tag: All About Eyes

I recently watched Tayler and Hannah do the "All About Eyes" tag. I don't know who initiated it, but I was so enthralled by it! Hence, I'm doing it myself.


Question #1: What eye cream/serum do you use? 

I use a few. Let me break it down.

If I wake up and I'm not going to wear any makeup that day, I use Arcona's Eye Dew. I particularly wear it on no makeup days because it is tacky. You're actually supposed to wet your fingertips before you dab it under your eyes because the formula is quite sticky. Nonetheless, this eye cream provides supreme hydration and it quickly alleviates any puffiness. It also adds luminosity without any shimmer. Check it out and read the ingredient list. 

If I'm going to wear makeup that day, I go for my Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment. I actually use this eye treatment both day and night. It is ultra smooth, lightweight and despite the fact it sinks quickly into the skin, it leaves the area completely smooth and hydrated. Not only does this product support cells' natural renewal -- it also combats puffiness and dark circles. I think it's super important for me to mention that this eye treatment does not interfere with my concealer's performance (regardless of the one I use). Love it. 

I do use a serum but only at night, prior to my Boscia Eye Treatment. I tap a bit of Racinne Ultimate Youth Power Eye Serum. The formula is very runny, almost like water, but you only need a bit. The main ingredient is Korean Ginseng. 


Question #2: What is your favorite under-eye concealer? 
Easy. By Terry Touche Veloutee. Oh my. Yes, it is pricey, but I've raved about this concealer since I got it for a very good reason: it is the only concealer that doesn't crease on me. The formula is so silky and divine, unlike anything I've ever tried before. It's also brightening and full-coverage.




Question #3: What is your favorite eyebrow product? 

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo. She offers a wide range of colors and I love the formula -- it lasts all day. I also enjoy the fact that you get two colors to work with. I usually use the darker shade to outline my brows and the lighter color to fill them in. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in the shade Brunette/Dark Brown


Question #4: What is your favorite eyeshadow primer? 

The Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I know I only had to pick one, but I also swear by the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. If one didn't work for you, try the other. 


Question #5: What is your favorite eyeshadow palette? (You can only pick one)

A) Color payoff: all the shadows are incredibly pigmented (no hits or misses)
B) Variety: you get eight matte and eight shimmery shades.
C) Texture: all of the shades are buttery. Therefore, super easy to blend. 


Question #6: What is your favorite eye makeup remover? 
I've tried many, and I always come back to Bioderma Sensibio Micelle Solution



Question #7: What is your favorite mascara?
I don't have a favorite mascara yet, but at the moment my go-to is Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara




Question #8: What is your favorite eyeliner? 

Am I weird? Because for me, it is a lot easier to do a wing liner with a gel eyeliner rather than a felt-tip pen. But that's just me. My favorite eyeliner is the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Gel Eyeliner. It isn't the blackest black, but it's my favorite eyeliner because it doesn't dry quickly on the brush -- I HATE when that happens with other gel eyeliners I've used. When a gel liner dries fast on the brush, it makes it so hard to be precise because the brush gets really stiff, and if there's something you want to have when drawing a wing, is precision


Question #9: What is your favorite single eyeshadow? 
Urban Decay "Baked" Eyeshadow. Mine is so old. It is a beautiful gold which I love wearing wet because it intensifies the pigment. 




Question #10: Which are your favorite sunglasses?
Eeek. I'm so sorry to be such a party-pooper with this last one, but I don't have any favorite sunglasses. I only own a pair which are in my car, so I can't show you a picture of them. They're by Zara and I don't like the model. I need to buy a flattering pair instead of spending all my money on makeup and skincare products


That is it! I hope you all enjoyed reading my answers. Feel free to leave your favorites on a comment down below. 

I tag:


2 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia!! I am fatimah..found you through Anne and I just followed you on Instagram..great blog you have here..am following u as we speak..anyway, I'd love to get my hands on Lorac pro someday..seems like a perfect palette..it's unfortunate that it does not ship to the Netherlands..Americans are so makeup-previlaged..I'm jealous..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fatimah! Thank you so much for stopping by! Yes, the Lorac Pro Palette is incredible.... it easily beats all the Naked palettes in my opinion. I hope you can get your hands on it in the future - perhaps someone visiting the US? Xoxo

      Delete