Monday, January 13, 2014

My Favorites' Favorites: Anne

I don't know about all of you, but I personally love to read beauty recommendations, so over the next three weeks I'll be showing you my favorites' favorites. I'll be presenting you three lovely women who all share a passion for beauty. Hope you enjoy this mini-series!



ANNE

Anne is a Belgian beauty, a wife and a mom who lives in Dubai. I not only trust her product recommendation and beauty advice - she also has an amazing sense of style. Top that off with the fact that she's a total sweetheart and a true friend. 

"My passion for beauty started at the age of 8...I remember my godmother treating me with a basket full of goodies from 'The Body Shop' on my birthday... I think it's fair to say that I've been quite obsessed since then!

Anyway… Here are my 10 holy grail products in no particular order. And by holy grail, I mean products that I have repurchased many times or I would rush buying if I lost them. I feel pretty confident that anyone would enjoy these...

I love the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15 because it’s so quick and easy to apply but still gives you a good amount of coverage. It never looks flat or powdery... It’s just your skin minus the flaws! I find that the best brush to apply it is the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. 

Speaking of the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, as I said it’s a phenomenal brush to apply foundation, whether it's a liquid, cream or powder formula. It’s ridiculously soft and blends everything like a dream! It’s also a great multi-purpose brush. You can apply your blush, contour, setting powder and even your bronzer if you needed too. Its versatility makes it a great travel brush.

For the eyes, MAC ‘Painterly’ Paint Pot is my favorite base. It matches my skintone perfectly. I like to call this my 'foundation for the eyes'. It covers any redness or veins on the lids and creates a perfect blank canvas to start with. It also helps powder eyeshadows to stick and make them last all day without creasing. 

Bioderma Micellar Solution is no suprise for a lot of beauty addicts! It removes face and eye makeup like a dream and is oh so gentle. It doesn’t irritate my sensitive eyes, is fragrance free and doesn’t leave any greasy residue. I’ve been through bottles and bottles of this!

If you told me I could own only one eyeshadow for the rest of my life, it would be MAC ‘Bronze’ eyeshadow. I always get compliments when I wear this shade… It looks amazing on blue eyes! I like to use it to deepen the crease, as a liner or simply as a halo on the entire lid. The texture is awesome, very buttery and pigmented!


I have many blushes… too many blushes! But when I don’t know what to wear I go for MAC ‘Dainty’ Mineralize Blush. It never fails me! It’s a soft peachy-pink with a very luminous finish. It will make you glow! It’s also the one I always take with me when I’m travelling… because it goes with everything!

Benefit High Beam Luminescent Complexion Enhancer is such a lovely highlighter… It gives the prettiest natural-looking sheen to the skin… I like to apply it on my cheekbones, bridge of my nose and cupid's bow for that extra glow! I find shimmery or sparkly highlighters very unatural, this one is just perfect!

Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Quenching Serum --  Say hello to bottle number 2! This is happy skin in a bottle! I never want to be without this... I apply it twice a day, right after I’ve cleansed my skin to put some moisture back. It hydrates really well without any stickiness and makes your skin nice and plumped! 

The Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lip Balm is a staple in my house! My hubby and son use it as well. It’s the only lipbalm that actually repairs dried/chapped lips. It’s so efficent… The consistency is unlike nothing I’ve seen with other lipbalms. It gives a matte finish so men can use it too. It’s a great base for matte lipstick lovers because it doesn’t interfer with the finish.

Now when it comes to hair, I have a lot of it but it’s very thin so I definitely need some extra help! I’ve tried many mousses and sprays but they all make my hair crispy and gross feeling, except for Phyto Spray Volume Intense. This heat-activated spray contains amino acids, keratin and wheat proteins to thicken the diameter of each hair. It gives me texture and oomph without any residue or crispiness at all… I can definitely see a difference when I use this or not!"

You can find and follow Anne on - 

4 comments:

  1. Ah que hermosa y que bien elegió! Me encantaría probar cualquier producto de Caudalie :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella es un amor Flo! Y excelente persona. Prueba algun dia Caudalie... es una marca divina...

      Delete
  2. Sis!!!!!!!!
    Thank you so so much for the lovely intro... I'm really touched!
    That was really fun to do! I can't wait to read the other articles!
    Thanks again for letting me be a part of it!
    Much love! Mwah! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sis!!! I'm catching up with social media. I'm so happy you found it fun! You're more than welcome <3 It was an honor for me to have you. Much , much love <3! Xoxo

      Delete