Friday, February 28, 2014

How To Wear Red Eyeshadow

Neutral lovers are not the only ones afraid of a color such as red on the lids. Personally, I consider myself adventurous when it comes to makeup. You don't see many people walking on the streets with bold eyeshadows, but I am here to try to get you out of your comfort zone! Red is a beautiful color color and can be easily blended with orange hues. If you're interested in seeing how I achieved this look, continue reading.


Primers
I prepped my skin using the Smashbox PhotoFinish Light Primer and then I applied the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion on my lids. I always let my primers sit for a couple of minutes. In the meantime, drink some water or moisturizer your lips so they're soft and ready for lipstick application later on. I love using Nuxe Reve de Miel

Eyes
Using a Mac 224, I blended Samoa Silk by Mac above my crease and I picked up more color as I blended until I reached the desired intensity. I then used the shade Rule by Mac on the crease applied with the Hourglass #4 Brush and then diffusing it with a clean Mac 217. Using a Mac 242 brush, I tapped the shade Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow #99 all over the mobile lid and using another clean 217, I blended the edges so there wouldn't be any harsh lines. Using the same Hourglass I used before, I applied the Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow #18 on the crease. I then blended it with a 217 brush. At the end, I used the same Mac 224 I used in the beginning to blend out every color even more. Using a Mac 219, I applied Ricepaper eyeshadow by Mac on my brown bone and inner corners for a subtle highlight. 

Tip: Start with the lightest shades above the crease, and move your way downwards with darker colors. Remember to always blend. Investing in blending brushes is a great thing to do if you're into eyeshadow in general. 

For eyeliner, I went with my Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Gel Liner in the shade Stay Onyx. I created a thick wing which got thinner as it reached my inner corners. I tight lined with the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner. I used Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Waterproof Pencil in Nude on the first half of my waterline and then used the black Stila one on the second half (this makes the eyes appear bigger). Before applying any mascara, I grabbed a Mac 266 brush and started at the first part of my bottom lashline applying the shade Rule, followed by the MUFE #18 and finally MUFE #99 towards the end (from lightest to darkest). I then applied tons of Benefit They're Real Mascara to both top and bottom lashes. 



On my brows, I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown and then brushed them upwards. 

Skin
I used my Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer as my foundation. I gave it a few minutes to set and then I used the By Terry Touche Veloutee to conceal my dark circles. Once I blended that out, I applied Mac Prep + Prime in Radiant Rose Highlighter below my eyes creating a V, between my brows, on the center of my nose, chin and cupid's bow, as I was going for a strong contoured look. I set those areas with the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in the shade Light


I contoured my cheekbones, temples, forehead and nose with Benefit Hoola. For blush, I went with Illamasqua Excite Powder Blush and I used Benefit High Beam on the top of my cheekbones as a highlight. 

Lips
I went with the Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti



2 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog and oh my goodness I cannot even handle how GORGEOUS you are!! I never wear colour but this makes me want to take out every bright eyeshadow I own and slap it on. So beautiful!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi beautiful!

      Sorry for the late reply - I was having issues with Blogger. Thank you so much for the kind compliments. Rock that bright shadow girl! XOXO

      Delete