Monday, March 3, 2014

Instagram Inspiration: @amrezy

Amra is a beautiful makeup artist on Instagram who feeds everyone creativity daily. Her looks are just breathtaking, and as I was looking at my feed yesterday, I stumbled upon a picture that inspired me to the point I decided I wanted to try my version of it. 


If you want to see my version of it, keep reading!


As you can see, my version was a bit bolder and heavier on the contour. Onto the products used!

Eyes

I primed my eyelids with the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I grabbed some good ol' tape, cut two pieces and put them on my wrist to get most of the glue off. I then put each piece of tape on each outer corner of my eye to create that sharp edge. Using an Hourglass #4 Brush, I blended Mac's Tease With Ease Pro Longwear Eyeshadow over my crease. I blended that shade with a Mac 224.

Mac Tease With Ease


Then using a Mac 239 Brush, I patted Black from the Lorac Pro Palette all over the outer corners of my eyes staying below the crease. 


Using a Mac 242 Brush, I patted Ransom from the Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box palette on the center of the lid. This is a beautiful purple shade with blue undertones. 


Urban Decay "Ransom"

Then using a tiny Urban Decay brush that came in that same palette, I tapped the shade Honey from the center of my lid inwards. 

I lined my inner rim and bottom waterline with the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Stingray and then used the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Ransom on my bottom lashline. On my top lashline, I used the Estee Lauder Stay In Place Gel Liner in the shade Onyx applied with a Mac 209 Brush


Using a Mac 219, I dabbed Ricepaper by Mac on my browbone and inner corners (highlight). I cleaned the brush and smudged Tease With Ease on my bottom lashline once Ransom had set. 

Mac Ricepaper
I then applied tons of mascara - Benefit They're Real on both bottom and top lashes. 

I brushed my eyebrows upwards and then applied the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in the shade Dark Brown using an Anastasia #15 Brush

Base


I primed my skin with the Smashbox Photo Finish Light. For foundation I used my Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in the shade SX08, blending it and working it in with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I used the By Terry Touche Veloutee as my concealer blending it with my ring finger, Mac Prep + Prime in Radiant Rose below my eyes tapping it in with the Sephora #47 Foundation Brush, center of the forehead, chin and bridge of the nose to highlight. To accentuate that highlight, I set it with the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Light using the same Sephora Brush. Using a Mac 109 Brush, I contoured my cheekbones, nose, temples, forehead and jawline with Hoola by Benefit. For blush I went with Nars Lovejoy which I applied with a Mac 168. I used Benefit Watts Up highlight on the top of my cheekbones, blending it with my ring finger. 




On my lips, I went with Nars New Lover Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil


I took these pictures in a room with huge windows and the sun was super bright. I like how you can see the strong contour. However, I then went to a different room which had softer lighting and here was the result - you can see the contour a lot softer but I love how you can see how natural the Kevyn Aucoin SSE looks on the skin. 


I hope you liked the look.

Much love!
pat

5 comments:

  1. Pat this look is amazing I truly love it and tomorrow am working so am totally inspired by this look... I totally love it! Xoxo @alesanchezq12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ale! Thank you! I am flattered to hear you were inspired by the look (like I was from Amra). Xoxo

      Delete
  2. I follow her on Instagram and I agree. She's such an inspiration. Your rendition is so beautiful! <3 I love this look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Coco!! I had fun doing it! Xo

      Delete
  3. This is amazing. You did a good job.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete