Sunday, April 6, 2014

Beauty Oils

If you had asked me four years ago to put an oil on my face I would have looked at you in a very weird manner and said "No." For many years I kept treating my skin as if I was still in my teens - acne-prone. Little did I know that my skin was actually dehydrated and "normal" in my twenties.

I started taking my skin care more seriously when I turned twenty-two, but I had always been intrigued about oils and creams you slather on your face thanks to my mom - who at (almost!) sixty-one years old looks absolutely glowing and beautiful. In fact, she's never been a fan of makeup (and doesn't really need it). 

So back to my skin. I'm turning twenty-five in July and things have definitely changed. I am a huge fan of oils now and I have even stopped using my Clarisonic because to be honest, I love oil based cleansers so much more. But we are just discussing beauty oils today. 

What to love about them?
  • They penetrate the skin deeper and quicker than a traditional moisturizer.
  • Many of them are multi-functional. 
  • Many contain many nurturing ingredients. 
  • Massaging your skin can allow you to relax and you could even do a manual lympatic drainage on your face. 
  • There is an oil out there for every skin type.
I really want to touch on that last point for this post. There is an oil out there for every skin type. Yes! Even for you combination-to-oily skin gals. I know adding oil to an oily complexion may seem odd but it can actually help produce less oil and balance out your skin. And contrary to belief, they won't clog your pores. 

I'm using as reference three beauty oils I currently have on rotation.


Fresh Seaberry Oil 
Thoroughly reviewed here. This is an oil that I reach for when my skin is on the drier side because it is packed with such moisturizing agents: grape seed, camellia, cranberry and almond oil just to name a few. 

Great for: Normal to Dry to Very Dry Skin
Formulated without: Parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs, triclosan. 

Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil 
Though Tarte claims this oil brightens and firms, it actually just contains really good anti-inflammatory ingredients (Thanks Paula's choice Beautypedia). It's a lot thinner on consistency than the Fresh Seaberry Oil. It almost feels like a dry oil which makes this an excellent gem to grab when my skin is acting against me and develops cruel zits bumps. I can definitely tell it helps with the swelling. 

Great for: Combination to Oily Skin
Formulated without: Parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs, triclosan. 

Tatcha Camellia Beauty Oil
The newest addition to my collection, the Tatcha Camellia Beauty Oil is a multi-purpose oil that can be used on the hair, skin and body. I was hesitant to try it on my face after using the Caudalie Divine Oil as a facial oil - resulting on my face with three to four pimples. I usually keep away from my face any products which state you can use anywhere else on your body. I am happy to share with you that I've been using the Tatcha Camellia Beauty Oil just on my face for the last month and it did not break me out but rather makes it feel comfortable and hydrated with just one drop. I opt for this beautiful bottle when my skin is feeling normal, because it's more of a dry oil. 

PS: It contains real 24-gold flecks which impart a subtle, healthy glow.

Great for: Normal to Combination Skin
Formulated without: Mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, sulfate detergents, parabens, PEGs, PPGs, DEA, TEA, urea or phthalates. 


Which beauty oils do I need to try next? Share your thoughts or recommendations on the comment section down below! 




4 comments:

  1. Very interesting sis!
    I was hesitant like you before but you know I like to use Jojoba oil on my face 2 or 3 times a week. I don't use it everyday, because it's too much for me, especially now that my skin is a bit more oily.
    I love how my skin feels the next morning. It's bouncy and plump!
    Thanks for sharing! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a devotee of Rodin oil. It really is worth the hype.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So luxe! Would definitely love to trying someday. Thanks for sharing! Xo

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely blog! Please could you check out my blog and maybe comment? http://www.lilysbeautyroom.blogspot.co.uk/
    It would mean a lot xo

    ReplyDelete