Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Minty Goodness

Peppermint is my favorite essential oil and if there's something I love is searching for beauty products that contain this ultra-refreshing ingredient.

Now I know there are some people who aren't too keen on it, but this post is for those who love the ooh-ahh cooling feeling peppermint oil provides which both men and women can enjoy.

These are products I always use after a very, very long/stressful day. Enjoy!



Arcona Tea Tree Mask

Arcona is such an underrated brand. Their line is beautiful and this mask is no exception. Unlike most purifying and detoxifying masks in the market, the Arcona Tea Tree Mask doesn't harden on your skin and doesn't make it feel tight afterwards which makes it a great mask for those with normal to dry skin, but really, anyone can use it. What I love about it the most aside from its effectiveness is the cooling sensation it provides which lingers even after you've rinsed it off. To add more to the ooh-ahh cooling effect, I love using my Caudalie Beauty Elixir afterwards. Orgasmic. 

This mask is loaded with tea tree, known for its antimicrobial properties. Sulphur and witch hazel target breakouts while allantoin and lavender provide anti-inflammatory effects. And ahh, it contains mint balm. 

Beautiful mask. I'm on my second one and I don't ever want to be without it. 


Pureology Hydrate Conditioner

I've raved about the Pureology Hydrate range many times and don't get me wrong, I love the shampoo, but the conditioner smells 100% like peppermint. Aside from the pleasant aroma that takes over the shower, peppermint oil is great for those looking for their hair to grow faster because it acts as a stimulant, however, Pureology doesn't state that - I'm just letting you know. If you have long hair, goodness, this conditioner feels absolutely heavenly as it not only cools your scalp and strands, but also your back. It is absolutely aromatherapy for your hair and I cannot recommend it enough! It gets rid of my tangles and makes my hair shiny and smooth. Add to that the fact that it's sulfate-free and vegan. 


Avalon Organics Peppermint Moisturizing Shaving Cream

I wouldn't normally go for an "organic" shaving cream, but I couldn't help myself when I saw this as I was browsing at a Whole Food's aisle - the "peppermint" got me. 

I had never used Avalon Organics body products before, but I had used some of their facial products which I loved so I figured "Why not?" And I'm so glad I got this. This is an aloe-vera based thick white cream loaded with peppermint oil, sunflower seed oil, shea butter, chamomile extract, oat bran and orange peel oil. You can imagine how delicious it smells - a must have if you're a peppermint oil. I use this on my pits and legs and it gives me a very close shave. I also love how the tingly sensation perdures for a few minutes after rinsing. It's absolutely delightful and refreshing!

Despite all the good things, I do have to say I don't find this shaving cream moisturizing whatsoever. However, my legs have always gotten dry after shaving regardless of what I use. A moisturizer or body oil are post-shower essentials for me. 

Cool fact: contains 70% organic content and it's free of mineral oil, sulfates, propylene glycol, artificial colors or synthetic fragrances. Vegetarian. 


DIY Peppermint Body Oil


Speaking of body oils - here's something quick and easy you can make. If there is a particular essential oil you love (in my case, peppermint oil) simply dilute it in a carrier oil such as jojoba, almond, grapeseed or argan oil. I've personally experimented with jojoba and almond oil and here's what I can say: jojoba (which is actually a wax, not an oil) is lighter and absorbs quicker while almond is a thicker, more dense and takes a few minutes to sink in (perfect for gals with dry skin). 

I recently got the Whole Foods brand Peppermint Oil and an Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Oil.


Have a beautiful day!
XOXO,
Pat

3 comments:

  1. I love minty scents... so refreshing.
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that tingly effect too! Very cooling and pleasant!
    I need to find peppermint oil asap! :-)
    Mwah! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? I thought you didn't like peppermint!

      Delete