Sunday, July 6, 2014

Current Go-To Makeup


Lately I've been reaching for the Missha Perfect BB Cover SPF 42 +++. I love how quick it is to apply and I find that blending it with my fingers gives the most natural, beautiful finish. The Bourjois Happy Light Concealer was a favorite since the first time I used it. It's creamy, easy to use (I apply it with my ring finger) yet stays put and covers my dark circles like no one's business. I always like to set my concealer with my Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light which is lighter than my skintone because I also use it to highlight. I love it because it never looks cakey. Benefit Hoola is something I always come back to to add shading and dimension to my face - though the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder is on my wishlist as a proper contour product. These days I've been opting for a fuss-free pink shade, and Blissful from Tarte seems to go well with any eye-makeup I wear. No matter what, I always use a highlighter at the top of my cheekbones. I'm still using this Benefit Watts Up deluxe sample which I've had for over a year yet it's still going strong. 

On my eyes I've been loving this combo: Mac Passionate, Saddle, Rule and Blanc Type. I like using a Mac 224 to blend out Passionate and Saddle on my crease, Rule from outer to center of the lid and Blanc Type underneath my browbone and inner to center of the lid. I love this look because not only is it quick and easy to achieve since I'm just buffing out a bunch of colors, but it actually ends up looking effortlessly beautiful - like you spent much more time working colors in. I so wish I had a camera so I could film a tutorial wearing them! 

And of course no eye look is complete for me without winged liner. My go-to is the Estee Lauder Double Wear Gel Liner in Stay Onyx. I've tried many gels liners but always come back to this one. Even though it's not the richest black, I love the fact that it stays creamy on my brush allowing precision instead of drying up in seconds resulting in a harder application. I also find the L'oreal Butterfly Lash Out Mascara to be pretty darn good for a drugstore mascara. It thickens and lengthens - I just wish it held a curl better. 

I am currently trying to grow out my eyebrows as I was told at Benefit Brow Bar they are naturally thicker and I've been over-plucking on some areas - shame on me. The hard thing about growing them out is going through that "awkward" phase of having stubborn hairs on stubborn areas and not knowing what to do with them #firstworldproblems. Despite this, I always fill in my eyebrows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder in the shade Granite - the perfect shade for gals with literally black eyebrow hairs. 

On my lips I've been constantly opting for the Bourjois Velvet Rouge Edition Matte Lipstick in Peach Club - a must for coralish lovers. Even though it leans on the warmer side, it instantly brightens up one's complexion. I also love the formula as I find it to be very comfortable and long-wearing.


5 comments:

  1. Ever since I read your review on the missha bb cream I've been dying to try it!! Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm happy you are enjoying the Bourjois lipstick sis!
    That blush looks so pretty!
    I hope you are doing well! Big kiss!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis! It is. I have something similar for you! Hope you are doing well too! XOXO

      Delete
  3. I love all the bright shades you have in your current go to make up collection. They look really beautiful!
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete