Sunday, August 17, 2014

Bite Beauty Lipsticks Review: Sucré, Violet and Corvina


I've been a proud fan of Bite Beauty ever since they launched in 2011. I've never been a lippie person -- I'm more into eyeshadows. However from the brands that I've tried in the market, this Canadian brand beats all other lipstick formulas. Creamy, comfortable, pigmented -- everything you want in a lipstick. I suffer from very dry, chapped lips, so I guess I'm a good candidate to try "creamy" lipsticks. 

Something that is so distinct about Bite Beauty is that their lipsticks are actually edible -- they're that "natural". You'll be happy to hear that they are free of synthetics, polybutenes, petroleum byproducts, parabens, sulfates and phthalates. They are also certified gluten-free. 

Leaving those nasties aside, Bite Beauty lipsticks are rich in resveratrol, a very powerful antioxidant. They also contain other yummy ingredients like jojoba oil, castor seed oil, and shea butter. 


I have three shades to show you today. One being Sucré, a matte cream crayon from Bite's Fall 2014 collection and the other two from the High Pigment Pencil range: Violet and Corvina. All of them feel absolutely comfortable on the lips, moisturizing and have excellent color payoff. 

Sucré is a coral melon shade. 




Violet is a true lavender violet. *Shocker* I didn't own any purple lipsticks before, so it was time to get one. I find Violet to be very wearable. 





Corvina is probably my favorite shade of all three. It's a bright coral which immediately makes the complexion look more awake. 




My mom was today's model. Being a lefty, I always have difficulty swatching and then taking pictures with my digital SLR camera (they should make cameras with the shooting button on the left side of the camera!!!) 

Left to right: Sucré, Violet, Corvina 

What can you not love about these lipsticks? They're pigmented, creamy, moisturizing, retractable, long-wearing, don't feather, free of nasties and rich in healthy ingredients.  

I'm planning on expanding my collection slowly but surely. 

Which are your favorite Bite Beauty shades? 

1 comment:

  1. Wow sis, that violet shade looks great on you! Corvina is beautiful as well... You really can pull off any shade, lucky you!
    I wonder when other brands will jump on the bandwagon and offer nasty free products...
    Have a wonderful day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete