Friday, May 29, 2015

Current Favorite Foundations


I don't wear much makeup on a regular basis, especially now since the weather is getting unbearable warmer in Florida. But when I do, I like my makeup to feel light and comfortable. Today I will be sharing with you my top foundations!


 Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

I was introduced to this foundation by Fenny. She sent me a travel size and I loved it so much, I ordered this full-size shortly after. This BB is thick when it comes out but spreads easily and looks very natural on the skin. Don't let the "BB" fool you. This stuff is full-coverage. I absolutely love how it has high SPF, although I never rely just on SPF on a foundation. I always add a high SPF under makeup during the day. 

Preferred method of application: fingers.



By Terry Sheer Expert

This foundation is definitely sheer, as the name suggests. I like to use this on "good skin days" when I just want to even out my skin tone. It has a soft, creamy texture. The silicones in it help the product spread with ease. I personally hate silicones in skincare, but don't mind them in makeup. 

It has a "natural" finish, in my opinion, but I feel like it looks even prettier as I wear it througout the day because it becomes a bit dewy. This is perfect for someone who has minimal skincare issues and is just looking to get a hint of color with some radiance. 

Preferred method of application: fingers.


Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

This foundation is beau-ti-ful. I gravitate towards it when I want my skin to look gorgeous for a special event. Add to that a great bonus: it photographs so well! No flashback. It has a liquid consistency and medium (but buildable) coverage. Expensive? Yes, but totally worth it (unless you have oily skin). 

Preferred method of application: damp Beauty Blender.




Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream

Oh, Bourjois. If only you were available in the US...

I love Bourjois. I feel like if I had more access to it, I would own so many more things by the brand. My sweet friend Anne kindly sent this to me from Dubai. Even though it has a low SPF (15), you can actually detect a sunscreen smell in this foundation. It doesn't bother me, but it's something I thought was worth mentioning. Just like the Missha BB Cream, don't let the whole AA BB CC DD EE FF thing get to you. Look at this as a tinted moisturizer. One with great medium coverage that makes skin look juicy, luminous and gorgeous. 

Preferred method of application: buffing brush. 



Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum 

Sweet Aleja knows how much I love Bourjois foundations (Healthy Mix is ANOTHER great one) and got this to me from Portugal, where she now lives.

This foundation is so, so lightweight. From the texture to how it feels on the skin. This is the lightest foundation I own and one I grab when I don't want to feel like I'm wearing anything, but still want to even out my skin. It has light coverage but it's just so, so beautiful and natural looking. This would be a great one for young women/men or anyone who hates the look or feel of thick foundations.

Preferred method of application: buffing brush. 


Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer

I really think that everyone would benefit from having this in their collection. Yes, it's thick and yes, it can be tricky to apply, but it can be sheered out easily by mixing it with a drop or two of any facial oil or by blending it in with a damp Beauty Blender. This is the most full-coverage foundation I've ever come across. It always comes in handy when I want to conceal any pesky hyperpigmention. A couple years when I got it, I was obsessed with wearing it all over my face. I still do sometimes, but not as often as before because it is more of a "heavy" foundation. Regardless, it looks natural on the skin. 

I still remember when my friend, Fiorella, was filming a makeup tutorial I was doing and as soon as I put it on she gasped and said, "That thing is PHOTOSHOP!" and she's right: this is so powerful, it can conceal and blur everything, making skin look absolutely PERFECT.

Preferred method of application: buffing brush/damp Beauty Blender. 


2 comments:

  1. Estoy muy entretenida leyendo tu blog, ME ENCANTA !!!!! Aleja Franco

    ReplyDelete