Friday, February 3, 2017

Tata Harper Boosted Contouring Eye Mask






If you follow me on social media, you'll know I am completely obsessed with the Tata Harper line. This is one of those rare occasions where literally everything I've tried from the brand has worked for my skin. The textures, the aromas, the performance, the packaging, everything is trรจs chic

Even though I own most of the line, the Boosted Contouring Eye Mask was a product I had tried in-store and immediately fell in love with the texture and scent, however the packaging turned me off. The product was hard to squeeze out, as it is a balm, and it didn't feel convenient, so I didn't purchase it even though I really wanted it. 



Thankfully Tata listened to her customers and changed the packaging and it now comes in a jar! The size/price have been reduced from 30ml/$158 to 15ml/$120. Yes, that is less product, but honestly you need such a small amount of this balm that this little jar will last you a while. I've been using mine for a month and a half almost every night and you can see how much product there is still left.

Tata Harper PR Sample*

What It Is
An eye-mask that can be used as often as needed on its own or as recommended by Tata herself, over her Restorative Eye Cream. I personally like to use a thick layer at night. I find it too heavy to wear under makeup. 

What It Does
This balm has thirty high performance ingredients. Tata claims that in two hours, it relaxes muscles, in twenty-eight days, it boosts firming, and in 30 days, it smooths wrinkles. The packaging also says that the product promotes a dramatically firmer, more contoured appearance around the entire eye area delivering a lifted look and it reduces signs of fatigue. 

Now here's what I think. I do think that this eye-mask does an excellent job at hydrating the eye area. It's thick, luscious and smells divine. I love how Tata doesn't use fragrance - all her products' scents come from flowers. There is something very calming about the aroma and it does not irritate my sensitive eyes (note: I wear contacts too). I even massage a bit on my eyebrows to keep them hydrated and I have noticed they're growing fast too. 

Does it get rid of bags? No. Dark circles? No. No eye cream will do that, genes are genes, but I can say that it makes my under-eye less puffy when I wake up, especially when I'm on little sleep. I do look less tired when I'm wearing this mask because the finish is dewy, being a balm-to-oil. I have noticed a reduction in my expression lines. Honestly, I love it so much I went ahead and purchased the old version even though the packaging isn't convenient because that's how much I am obsessed with this eye mask. It often replaces my eye cream at night. 

The only thing I must say about the jar is that you must be careful when taking out product, and I recommend using a sanitized spatula to not contaminate the product. I made the mistake of using too little product at first because I was just rubbing my ring finger on the product and dabbing it under my eyes. I felt like I was tugging the area, but that's because I wasn't using enough. I contacted the Tata Harper Team and one of the reps suggested using more, so the next time, using a spatula, I grabbed a pea-size. That made a huge difference, and I've been doing that ever since. 

If you care about what you put on your skin, if your eyes are tired from over-working, stress, lack of sleep, jet-lag, this product is for you and just because it was sent to me, it doesn't mean I'm trying to sell it to you. I promise you I love this so much and it is hands down the yummiest eye mask I've ever tried. 

If you're interested in purchasing it, leave your e-mail down below so I can send you a link that will give you $25 off on tataharper.com, plus you also get three free samples!



Ingredients
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Behenate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Rhus Verniciflua Peel Cera, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Shorea Robusta Resin, Rosa Rubiginosa Seed extract*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit extract, Cucumus Sativus (Cucumber) Seed Oil, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de candelilla, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diheptyl Succinate, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Seed) Butter, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) oil, Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Oil*, Tocopherol, Camellia sinensis (Green Tea) seed oil*, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil*, Sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil*, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Borago officinalis (Borage) Leaf Extract*, Arnica montana (Arnica) Extract*, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polygonum fagopyrum (Buckwheat) Seed Extract, Algae extract, Pheonix dactylifera (Date) Seed Extract, Lavandula stoechas (Spanish Lavender) Extract, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Medicago sativa (Alfalfa) Extract*, Filipendula Ulnaria (Meadowsweet) Extract*, Calendula officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract*,  Aroma**, Citral, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol
*Ingredients from Organic farming
** Clinical grade essential oils blend 


*Product sent by company to review, not paid/sponsored. This does not change my opinion of a product. If a product doesn't work for me or I think is overhyped/overpriced/not worth it, I will state so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment