Sunday, March 24, 2013

Eyeliner Pictorial & Tips


Hi Dolls!

For those who don't follow me on Instagram, here is an Eyeliner Pictorial I posted yesterday. 

Eyeliner is something you just have to practice. I was always drawn to eyeliner and I began using a regular pencil back in highschool. Then I switched to liquid, and now my personal preference is gel liner because I love that smooth, intense-looking cat eye.



EYELINER TIPS

  • Gel eyeliner dries very quickly, so work with one eye at a time. 


  • I always have Q-tips and Bioderma Sensibio next to me when I do my eyeliner to clean up any mistakes. 


Step 1: Choose your favorite Gel Eyeliner and brush. A thin brush is ESSENTIAL and can really facilitate the application. I chose to use Mac Fluidline in the shade Blacktrack and my Sephora Gel Eyeliner Brush. The thinner the brush, the more precise of a line you will get.

Step 2: Dip the brush in the gel liner.

Step 3: Make sure the brush is coated in liner so you don't have any loose strands that could potentially create streaks on your lid.

Step 4: Draw a line as close to the lashline as possible. This is your chance to really control the thickness of the line.

Step 5: Pretend that your bottom lashline continues upwards, and draw that imaginary line from the end of your lashline upwards, as shown in the picture.

Step 6: Connect that line to the rest of your line.

Step 7: Fill it in.


I still make tons of mistakes while doing eyeliner (it's so frustrating!) So just be patient and keep practicing



Which is your favorite eyeliner and brush for application?



2 comments:

  1. I ALWAYS struggle with liner! I've been doing it for years and I still have an off day! This is great thanks for sharing!

    SarahSee. Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy to hear that I was able to help you! We all struggle with eyeliner at first.

    ReplyDelete