Thursday, March 14, 2013

Mini Clinique Haul

Clinique is a brand for some reason I've never been drawn to. I honestly don't know why. Well, maybe I've just been really satisfied with French Pharmacy products and haven't wanted to try anything else other than a few things here and there. So I went for a mini haul today and I wanted to share it with you.



I went to the store to get an eye serum, since my all time favorite Vichy Roll-On is almost empty (second tube). Why is it that when we, women go to a store to get one thing, we end up getting something else we don't need? 

What I got today that I didn't need was an eyebrow pencil. I already have my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder duo and it works just fine, but I guess I wanted to try a stick for my brows. And it had great reviews...

Excuse my dispersion, I am quite sleepy. I was talking about the serum! Yes! I got the All About Eyes Serum. The saleswoman was kind enough to give me many samples to try out (woohoo!). Full list of products in the pictures above:

Products I Purchased
1. All About Eyes Serum: a lot lighter than my Vichy Aqualia Thermal Roll-On. Less tightening too. This product claims to reduce puffiness and dark circles. We'll see...
2. Superfine Liner for Brows (02 Soft Brown)

Samples I Received
1. Repairwear Laser Focus All Smooth Makeup: It doesn't have a shade # but it's too dark for me.
2. Aromatics Elixir: a grandma-smelling perfume I will probably give away to someone older.
3. Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle and UV Damage Corrector: lightweight, absorbs quickly. 
4. Liquid Facial Soap: tried it tonight. It's clear and soapy feeling. I prefer sticking with my Farmhouse Fresh One Fine Day Face Polish for the morning (LOVE!!) and REN No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm for the evening. More natural! 
5. Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer: a thick, white cream that absorbs quickly. 
6. Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream: thick, a little goes a long way. 
7. Repairwear Uplifting Firming Cream: doesn't "tighten". It's thick but the skin absorbs it quickly. No greasy feeling. 

I obviously cannot give much input on these products other than texture descriptions, because they're samples and I just got them. 

Have you ever used any of these products? Thoughts? Opinions?

Night night! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Oh god, can't believe you got so many samples!

    lucky u x !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia!

    Wow, the sales assistant was in a good mood! ;-)
    I've never tried any of these products... I'm like you, I'm so used to french skincare that I never think about this brand!
    I've tried their eye makeup remover a few months ago (if you remember, the one Marlena was raving about) and I was disappointed. It stung my eyes although it was marketed for sensitive eyes...
    Their 'All about eyes' rich eye cream is excellent! I tried a sample of the 'High Impact' mascara a long time ago, I really liked it!
    The 'Comforting Cream Cleanser' is also really nice. I used to love that!
    In terms of makeup I love their 'Chubby Sticks' and the 'Almost Makeup Powder'... My holy grail foundation for summer. I don't know what it is but I love the finish of it on my skin! The coverage is just perfect, not too much but enough to even out nicely!
    I would love to know what you think of the eyebrow pencil!

    Good night my dear! ❤

    ReplyDelete