Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tarte Eyelash Curler Review + New Blog Name


Hi dolls! So yes, something did change. My blog is no longer called "The Makeup and Skincare Spot" and I have changed it to "Makeup by Patricia". Unfortunately, that URL was taken, so I had to add an "m" at the end, which stands for Montenegro (my last name). I hope you don't mind the change. 

Onto the review! Tarte. Tarte... I was at Ulta browsing at eyelash curlers because my four-year old Revlon eyelash curler had few days to live. I was close to purchasing the Japonesque Eyelash Curler, but an Ulta salesman convinced me to get the one by Tarte

Do I like it? Not really, unfortunately. There's something unique about this eyelash curler - it isn't like any other traditional eyelash curler. It has a "spring" back handle which you press to curl and it springs back when you release. That's why it comes with the little plastic thingy that holds the handles together. 


Why do I dislike it? It pinches my lids, and it hurts. I have to be very careful when using it. As the saying goes, "Sometimes the more expensive things aren't necessarily better."


Have you tried this eyelash curler? What are your thoughts on it? Do you have a favorite eyelash curler? Share!

9 comments:

  1. Hi sis!

    Sorry to hear you don't like it...
    I used to use cheap curlers from Claires (they did the job great) but a few month ago I invested in the MAC one and I love it!
    It suits my eye shape perfectly and never pinches. It's very sturdy, I like it a lot!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to try that one! Thanks sis! xoxo

      Delete
  2. If I don't have any makeup on , one thing I do is curling my lashes !
    I definitely love eyelash curler from Shu uemura <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard so many great things about that eyelash curler! Unfortunately it's not available anywhere near me.

      Great lash tip. Curling them always enhances the eyes. Thanks for sharing! x

      Delete
  3. I do use an old spring-loaded eyelash curler that I love by Wet'N Wild, but I've really been wanting to try the Shu Uemura curler. However, I can't help but wonder if it is really any better than the cheaper ones by, say, Revlon. Love your blog and giving it a follow!

    SimplySkinDeepBeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Addison! I'm also intrigued by Shu Uemura... but I also have the same thoughts as you. My old Revlon eyelash curler worked much better than my current Tarte one! I'm glad you're enjoying the blog! xx

      Delete
  4. I bought the NYX curler a few weeks ago and it is a lot better than my forever-loved and maintained MAC curler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! That's another one to consider now! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing. The best Eyelash Curler is one that offer best result. I have read the review about it its awesome.

    ReplyDelete