Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Summer Vacation Ramble

Hi everyone! Welcome back. I haven't been here in forever. This post will summarize my summer vacation, which has been great. I'm currently in Michigan visiting my family. I'll be going back home to Venezuela in a few days. This post is also somewhat a goodbye? I am going to be so busy when I get back, I don't think I'll have much time to blog as I used to before. I will though, continue to read all of your great blogs. Always feel free to leave your links below.

I'll be sharing with you some of my Instagram pictures and write a bit about each of them. You can follow me if you'd like -- due to the fact that it's such a quick way to share info, I'm always posting random beauty things. 

Make Up For Ever shade 99 is a gorgeous apple red. I don't have a shade like this in my collection, which is what originally caught my attention. If you want true color pay-off, I recommend the MUFE eyeshadows. Yes, they are a bit pricier than lets say - your traditional MAC eyeshadow, but the quality is definitely a lot better



Another gorgeous eye product to look after is Stila's Cobalt Liquid Eyeliner. Oh-my-God. I saw this on Stila's Instagram and I immediately fell in love. This blue is so gorgeous! And Stila's eyeliners are super easy to apply. It's a felt tip pen, giving you precision and control. Color pay off = incredible. 



Ooooh! And what about my August Favorites? 


Yes, I'm a big Ojon fan, and I'm also a big fan of Desert Essence's Curl Cream which I have raved about numerous times (get gorgeous curls without silicones or nasties!). But I tend to get bored of using the same products all the time and like to switch things up. So I went back to Moroccan Oil products which I used around five years ago. The combination of their oil and Curl Cream smells divine - of course - but also leave my curls bouncy and soft without any crunchiness. It was very, very humid in Detroit a few days ago, and my curls survived. 

The Lorac Pro to Go is a fabulous palette and in my opinion, highly worth it. You get six eyeshadows, two blushes, a bronzer and two small brushes. The quality of the makeup is superb (yet it doesn't surprise me, it's Lorac!) but the brushes are OK

The Ojon Rare Blend Tamer is a product that hasn't had a lot of mention. It's available on Ojon's website, not on Sephora (online nor stores) although I got mine at an Origins store. Yep, it seemed weird to me as well! I asked the ladies why they were carrying another brand and they said that Ojon shares their same philosophy. I dunno. Anyway - a must have as well! I always carry it in my purse. It immediately gets rid of any flyaways. I love using this whenever I'm wearing a ponytail or bun. Much better than adding water (to further enhance the annoying little curls) or gel (nobody likes that sticky, wet look). 

Stila's Liquid Lipstick in the shade Beso is another product I've raved about before. Opaque, matte, gorgeous... 

The By Terry Touchee Veloutee concealer won the battle against the Mac Pro Longwear Concealer (I wanted to get a new concealer and was in between those two). I like the coverage and love the fact that it does not crease at all

Anastasia Brow Whiz. Yes, she's the queen of eyebrows. 

I'm in love with REN. I really am. That rhymes. It's hard to find nowadays brands that are genuinely clean yet good. REN does it. I learned on this trip that my skin is actually normal. The combination aspect of it has more to due with my skin's response to weather (heat, humidity) and not using the appropriate products. The REN Vita-Mineral Day Cream is lovely. A little goes a long way and it skin drinks it up quickly. (PS: I've been using the REN Frankincense Night Cream [sample] and it is divine! And the Glycolactic Mask is worth the hype.)

Talking about skin - my skin has never looked this good before!


I had a skin consultation with a Sephora beauty advisor who gave me samples of what she tried/recommended. I give credit to Perricone MD Blue Plasma and Ole Henrikesen Truth Serum. I'll actually be getting the full sizes. All I can say is: Wow. Thank you Mr. Perricone and Mr. Henriksen. 

Best part of having better skin? Makeup goes on better, and you use less of it!


My sister-in-law, my sister and I. 

My mom, my sister-in-law, my sister and I

To end things on a sweet note, if you're ever in the US and you're a chocoholic like myself, go to Cold Stone and order the following:

"Chocolate Devotion, but Reese's Butter Cups instead of chocolate chips."

Chocolate ice cream, fudge, brownie and Reese's Butter Cups. You're welcome.



Have a beautiful week everyone! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try that Lorac palette forever now!

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/
    New huge Sephora haul ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que piel hermosa y saludable.. me encanta todo lo que compraste y que estes pasandola tan bien alla :)

    Have fun!!

    x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete