Friday, February 8, 2013

Face of the Night: Bronzy-Glowing Skin and Smokey Golden Eyes

Hello!

I was doing my makeup for tonight and I felt like raving about a combination.

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that today's beauty tip was: matching your primer to your foundation. For instance, I used Smashbox Photo Finish Light (water-based) and then Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (water-based). The results = flawless finish. 


Now on to what the post is about: Face of the Night. If you're interested, keep reading!



Let me start off by saying I didn't intentionally pair some of these things, but the results were pretty good. I was impressed by the foundation's finish even though I've had it for a while, but it made a big difference using it with the Smashbox primer.  I also loved the combination of the coral-ish blush I used and Benefit's Wattsup. I hope you like it!


**I didn't take an individual picture of it, but the first thing I do when I do my makeup is apply lip balm so that my lips are soft and plump by the time I put lipstick on. I used La Roche Posay Ceralip, as displayed in the picture above.**


Eyes


I applied Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Techno Gold followed by Caviar on the outer V. 





I then added Mac Espresso on the crease.





I applied the white-pearlescent shade from the Dior Garden Pastels Palette on my browbone and tearduct.





I added eyeliner to my top lashline usin Mac Fluidline in the shade Blacktrack.

PS: please ignore (or try to) my chipped nail color. 





I applied Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara to my top lashes.





I used Mac Carbon eyeshadow on my bottom lashline to create a smokier effect.




I filled in my eyebrows using Anastasia Beverly Hills brow powder in the shade Dark Brown.






Face


I primed my face with Smashbox Photo Finish Light.





For foundation I used Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in the compact form in the shade 30 Beige. I love, love love this foundation. It looks so natural and it feels so light. 




I contoured using Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in the shade Richly Honed.




I concealed my dark circles and blemishes with the Dior Diorskin Nude Concealer in the shade 002 Beige.





I highlighted the top of my cheekbones using Benefit Wattsup.





That highlighter looks gorgeous with this Blush... your skin gets a lovely golden glow! This is Dior Harmonie De Blush in the shade 002 Coral Riviera. 






Lips


On my lips I used my Estee Lauder Lipstick in the shade 46 Barely Nude.





And I topped the center of my lips with the Estee Lauder Shimmer Gloss in 33 Orchid Passion.






The Results










Thank you so much for reading. I hope you have a great night/weekend! xoxo



PS: I've created a Twitter account. Follow me if you wish: https://twitter.com/makeupbypm

5 comments:

  1. Best beauty care tips i have got from here that always required and have worked well. Nice to share with us at this place.
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy to hear that you enjoy them. Thank you for the support. xx!

      Delete
  2. i need to get this duo!! i'll look for them next week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really pretty! I can't wait for you to get it!

      Delete
  3. I love the end result!
    Your skin looks seriously amazing! Fresh and dewy... Everything I like!
    Happy Sunday Patricia!

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete