Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Valentine's Day Look Tutorial

Hi beauties!

I'm doing a daily challenge on Instagram and I noticed that day 14 is Valentine's Day. I'm not a Valentine's Day person, I've never been and I'm Valentine's-less, but I still wanted to create a look inspired by it.

I'm doing day 14 today, and I hope you like it!

Continue reading if you're interested.







The Eyes: Main Focus

Apply Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in the shade 17 (plum) all over the lid. This will act as a base.




Apply Mac Tease With Ease Pro Longwear  Eye Shadow on top.




Apply, then blend Carbon by Mac on the Outer V. Repeat until you get the desired darkness.

Then apply it to the second half of the bottom lashline.




We're now going to work with the Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box.




Apply Fishnet on the center of the lids (a very reflective light purple with blue undertones), followed by Ransom (a very reflective dark purple with blue undertones) on the inner first half of the crease.

Then apply Fishnet and Ransom on the first part of the bottom lashline.




Apply a thin layer of black liner to the top lashline. I used Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Gel Liner in Onyx.




Use a creamy kajal liner on the top and bottom waterline. By filling in your top waterline, you will give the illusion of thicker lashes. I used one by Stila in the shade Onyx.




Apply Urban Decay Eyeshadow in the shade Baked on the tear duct.




Apply mascara on the top and bottom lashes. I used Benefit They're Real Mascara.




Fill in the eyebrows. I used Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in the shade Dark Brown. 




The Face

Apply your foundation of choice. For today's look, I used Dior Airflash Spray Foundation in the shade 300.

Note: I like to apply this to a brush and then apply it to my face and neck using tapping motions. I find that if you spray it directly onto the face, not only do you get uneven patches, but you end up wasting a lot of product. Hence, the bottle won't last you very long. 




Conceal dark circles and any blemishes. I used Mac Studio Finish Concealer in the shade NC 30.




Contour. I used Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in the shade Richly Honed.
Apply Blush. I used Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in the shade 63 Plum Attraction.
Highlight. I used Lorac Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder in the shade Spotlight.






Lips

Since the eyes are pretty strong, go for a neutral lip. That is, a shade similar to your natural lip color. I went with Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in the shade 065 Rosy Nude. 




The Final Look


Direct Sunlight




Indoor Lighting



Corny smile that reflects inner achievement! 




I hope you like it! Happy Valentine's Day and Valentine's Day-Less in advance to all of you. Lots of hugs and kisses!


8 comments:

  1. Wow Patricia! This makeup looks amazing! I love how you blended the colors together and the pop of gold in the inner corners!
    The Dior foundation looks flawless! I want to try it so bad!!!
    I'm not a Valentine's Day person either... love should be celebrated every single day! Valentine's Day is too commercial for me!

    Thanks for sharing with us! Good evening sweetheart!

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely Anne!
      Yes, the Dior foundation is pretty nice, and it doesn't have SPF, so no flashback :)

      Delete
  2. stunning makeup look, you're so pretty too!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this on your instagram and fell in love. You have lush lashes x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooooooooo beautiful! you eyes are sick gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete