Sunday, February 10, 2013

REN No.1 Purity Cleaning Balm Review

Hi everyone!

Those who follow me on Blogger or Instagram are familiar with the fact that I love the REN No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm. For those who are new readers, it is a cleansing balm that I got little over a month ago. Despite the fact I loved it the first time I tried it, and it even made it to my January Favorites, I wanted to test it out for a little while and give you a real, in depth opinion about it. So consider this an update, and I will write another one in a couple of months to tell you how my skin has reacted to it long-term. 

What is it?
A rose-infused rich balm for all skin types that turns into an oil once massaged to a skin, then a milk once you add water. 



You get a massive amount of 150ml that comes in a big plastic jar. As I mentioned earlier, I have been using this for a little over a month - daily - and I still have lots left. 



What is the texture like?
It feels like a balm but it easily transforms into an oil. 

It's good to know that...
- It has NO: petrochemicals, sulfates, parabens, synthetic fragrance, synthetic colors or silicones. 
- It's based off almond oil which is very good for your skin. 
- Other skin-friendly ingredients include: roman chamomile, rose oil, shea butter, castor oil, grapefruit oil, lemon oil, tangerine oil, lime oil, sunflower oil, tangerine oil and vitamin E. 
- It includes a muslin cloth meaning that you get to cleanse and gently exfoliate the skin using just this product. 
- This product has not broken me out. 
- This product dissolves make-up.
- Even though REN states this even dissolves water-proof eye-makeup, I wouldn't let this get into my eyes because it does sting. 
- All the natural essential oils will condition your eyebrows and eyelashes.


How do you use it?
Apply an almond-size to your fingertips and gently massage it to your skin for one or two minutes. 



The consistency will turn oily once you massage it. 


Once you're done massaging, add some warm water to emulsify into a rich milk. Thin grab the muslin cloth the product comes with and run warm water over it.




Use the dampened cloth to remove the product off your skin. 


Who would love this?
- Those who love rose scents.
- Those who have the patience to cleanse their face for a minute or two.
- Those who want to try natural products. 
- Those who love oils. 


Why is it a favorite?
I have combination skin, but dry areas on the skin means that they are dehydrated, and after using tons of acne-prone-skin cleansers for years, I knew that its harsh ingredients were stripping away my skin's natural oils, thus, my skin was becoming thirsty. 

I decided to step away from heavily-fragranced cleansers or cleansers that were full of very harsh ingredients and I wanted to try out more natural products. Cleansing the skin is an extremely important step in achieving a healthy-looking complexion. If I could give you all one of my top beauty secrets, it would be: never go to bed without washing your face and removing all traces of makeup. 

I don't use this product to remove eye-makeup. I'd rather use by Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water just because it's the only product I find removes my eye-makeup without irritating my sensitive eyes. So, I first remove my eye-makeup with the Bioderma Sensibio, and then I cleanse my skin with the REN Cleansing Balm.

I love this product so much because it has made a significant difference to my skin texture and appearance. Immediately after cleansing my skin, it feels plump and smooth, not tight. My skin glows because it's been gently cleansed and nourished. 

Some long-term changes I have noticed are: less breakouts and more even-looking and softer skin. Your skin should look radiant without makeup. This product gives you that. 

And remember: adding additional oils to your skin isn't bad. If you choose the right ones, they can balance out the skin. So don't be scared if you have combination to oily skin!

I use the REN Cleansing Balm once a day (at night). 


Official Website



Thank you so much for taking the time to read, as always. I'm off to bed after finishing watching the Grammy's. Have a lovely night, and have a lovely morning to those who are reading from the other side of the world. x

9 comments:

  1. That is some inspirational stuff. Never knew that opinions could be this varied. Thanks for all the enthusiasm to offer such helpful information here.
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for reading :) I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. Wow the ingredients in this sounds great :) im still yet to try REN products xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only tried this one, but have heard wonders about the entire line. And yes! The ingredients are fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be my next cleanser for sure. Hope it will work well with my normal/dry skin! Sloveaas from IG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara! Thanks for stopping by. Cleansing balms are actually EXCELLENT for dry skin. You'll find this cleanser to be very moisturizing and gentle. xx

      Delete
  5. This seems such a great cleanser. Have you tried other cleansing balm on the market?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so great :) i need to try REN products x

    ReplyDelete