Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Philosophy Turbo Booster C Powder Review

The benefits of Vitamin C for the skin and overall health have been around for a long time. A strong antioxidant powerful enough to slow the rate of free radical damage, which are basically molecules that harm and decrease collagen production and cause the skin to become dry. Dryness on the skin causes  fine lines and wrinkles. Which brings me to the next point: many skin care brands nowadays include vitamin c in their products. But wouldn't it be nice to be able to add and control the amount of vitamin C in your favorite serums and/or lotions? Philosophy allows us to do it!




Turbo Booster C Powder by Philosophy is a 99.8% high potency topical Vitamin C which is mixed fresh daily with your SPF, water-based moisturizer or serum of choice. Simple as that.

You're probably wondering what it looks like. 






It's a white powder. It looks yellow on the last picture because the glass bottle has a yellow tint to it. 

I've had this bottle for five months with perhaps 2-3 weekly use and I still have a long way to go.



I have written about this product on Instagram in the past, and the most common question that I got was: What happens when you mix it with something else? Doesn't it look white on the skin?

So... 

How do you use it?
The product comes with a little tool to scoop some product from the bottle. 1/2 scoop is recommended for sensitive skin or beginners, while an entire scoop is advisable for the rest. 


I use an entire scoop because my skin is now accustomed to the product. 
Note: When I first started using it, it stung a little bit, but it was tolerable and it went away usually after a minute or two. I no longer feel any stinging whatsoever.






I usually mix it with my Effaclar Mat moisturizer by La Roche Posay.




As you can see in the picture below, the product dissolves, leaving no residues on the skin. 
Note: It does feel sticky for about a minute or two, then you're left with soft skin. It is fragrance-free.



Benefits of Vitamin C For Skin
As I mentioned earlier, Vitamin C is a well-known antioxidant that protects the skin against environmental attacks. Aside from preventing premature aging, it also helps with hyper-pigmentation by brightening and evening out the skin tone.  

I did not believe this at first, but it has been a surprise to my eyes how radiant my skin looks minutes after adding the Vitamin C + Lotion to my face: my skin glows without any makeup. I can tell a difference in the appearance of my skin when I don't mix my moisturizer with Vitamin C. Of course, I love the results with the added powder, but I also love knowing that I'm putting something extremely good on my skin. 

I have been naughty in the past and have skipped SPF when going to the beach or just when wondering around the city. Never again, of course. The point is, I do have uneven skin tone. The sun has clearly damaged my skin. After using this product for several months, I have noticed an improvement in my skin tone. It definitely looks better than it did before.

Another benefit of using Vitamin C on your skin is that it shields it from sunburn caused by exposure to ultraviolet B radiation, thus, preventing consequences caused by long-term sun exposure which is the main cause of skin cancer

My Thoughts
I love Philosophy as a brand, and I am glad they have this available for everyone. I don't have any negative comments to say about this product. I think it's a great because it's preventative. It doesn't leave a residue or film on the skin. Also, it has never broken me out despite the fact I have sensitive acne-prone skin. Regardless of how old you are, you should always protect your skin from the sun. 



I hope you found this post useful. As always, thank you for taking the time to read what I write. 
Have a wonderful day! x



3 comments:

  1. Wow nunca oi de un producto asi ! que extraño y que bueno, se que tenes combination skin , no se si funcionara tan bien ocn mi piel ultra oleosa!

    Un besote pat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Flo! Claro que sirve para tu piel. En realidad es para todo tipo de pieles. De todas maneras acuerdate que nuestras pieles son mas "fuertes" que las "secas" ;)

      Delete
  2. it sounds like a great product! I would love to try it

    xo

    Inspirations Have I None

    ReplyDelete