Friday, February 15, 2013

Face of the Day (15.02.13)



Hi everyone! I hope you all had a beautiful weekend and a happy Monday.

Today's Face of the Day features a mostly-matte-brown-smoky eye very wearable for the day. I used my "signature" black, thick liner just because I love a cat eye, but left it simple at the bottom by not applying any shadows or eyeliner.

I hope you like it!

Eyes

I primed my eyes using the Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer. 




I worked with six shades from the Lorac Pro Palette.

Taupe all over the lid
Sable on the crease blending upwards
Espresso on the outer crease and lashline (blended, added more, blended...)
LT. Bronze on the lid
White below the brows
Nude on the tearduct





I drew a thick line on my upper lashline with a flick at the end using Mac Fluidline in the shade Blacktrack.





I curled my lashes and used Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara in the shade Black.





I filled in my brows using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder in the shade Dark Brown.





Face

I used Clarins Beauty Flash Balm as a primer, then Dior Forever foundation in the shade 030.
I love this foundation by the way, it gives a good medium coverage. 




To conceal those naughty, dark circles, I used the Estee Lauder Double-Wear Stay In Place Concealer in the shade 08 Warm Light Medium





I set my tzone with the L'oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Powder in the shade Translucent. I do this step before adding blusher & highlighter because I like to keep my cheeks dewy-looking for a more natural appearance.





To bronze my face, I used Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder which by the way does smell like chocolate and I want to eat it. No, I won't eat it. But it does smell yummy!





Scary on the pan, but beautiful on the cheeks, I added a pop of color with Illamasqua Cream Blush in the shade Brazen. 





I highlighted the top of the cheekbones using the Lorac Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizer in the shade Spotlight.






Lips


I wanted to keep my lips fairly nude, that is, adding a hint of color that looks very similar to my lip's natural shade, which is a rose pink. So I used Bourjois Lipstick in 08 Rose Delicat. 






The Result




Thanks for reading! Have a lovely day xx

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's funny because it's SO pigmented, almost TOO pigmented. This blush is going to last me so many years.... you need the SLIGHTEST amount. It's easy to over-do it. You literally need tiny specks on your brush. It gives a beautiful finish though. It would look BEAUTIFUL on your pale complexion. I suggest you to go a Sephora first and play with it with a brush or maybe have a rep show you how to apply it. It's tricky, but once you get the hang of it, you'l love it. xx

      Delete
    2. I forgot to mention I was specifically talking about the shade that I have, Brazen.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous.. The lorac pro palette looks great xx

    ReplyDelete