Friday, February 15, 2013

Instant Wake-Me Up In A Minute? Yes!

Sorry to "Spam" your Reading List, but I felt tonight was the night to write this post for two reasons:

1. I woke up at 5:30am today and it's currently 8:18pm and I have not slept at all -- I'm going to bed after this.

2. I haven't had a good day at all and I cried a lot this afternoon due to personal issues.

So not only do I look tired, but my eyes get very swollen and red when I cry, even if I cry a little bit. 

I went to the store in the hunt for something with chocolate, and I also got two makeup products which I'm absolutely happy I got

Tonight is the night to blog about this because the two products that I bought are post-cry-approved/instant-wake-me-up-approved.

Whether you look tired from crying or lack of sleep, you'll thank me later.



The Haul


1. Balocco Wafers filled with Cocoa Cream
2. Revlon Lip Butter in the shade Candy Apple
3. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in the shade 10 Light



The cookies: if you see these, get them. They are SO good.



Now to the part that interests you: the makeup. 

I am honestly extremely impressed with the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. 

I was standing at the drugstore remembering Wayne Goss rave about the foundation, thinking to myself: do I really need another foundation? To decrease the sense of guilt for already buying another concealer which I definitely do not need, I didn't get the foundation. 

On to the photo which will probably shock you the most:


Ladies and gentlemen: the photo to the left is me with no makeup whatsoever at all. Dark circles and swollen lids due to crying. My skin is very spotty at the moment as well. 

No filters/editing on either pictures.

The photo to the right is me after applying the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer below my eyes, around the nose and on visible blemishes. That's it.

I know. 






Texture & First Impressions
The Maybelline Fit Me Concealer feels very runny, but that makes it very easy to blend. 
I applied it directly to my skin and blended it with my fingertips.

This is probably one of the best drugstore-concealers I've ever tried. I find most of them to glide on patchy and to look cakey. This one has a very thin consistency and it looks very natural on the skin. I would say this is medium coverage. 


On to the Lipstick!







I have seen this lipstick (not the same shade) on some of your blogs (I'm talking to you, beauties!) and after reading great reviews, I decided to get one. A bright color to lighten up my mood. 

This lipstick is very creamy and actually very pigmented considering it feels more like a balm than a lipstick.




The shade reminds me of a stain-like color. A flattering orangy-red.


So it's obviously too soon to review these, but I wanted to give you my first impressions. I'll definitely keep you posted on my thoughts during the next few weeks in terms of how long-lasting they are and whether I had any problems with them or not.




What do you think of the Maybelline Fit Me Concaler? Were you as wow-ed as me by the coverage? 

Do you own any Revlon Lip Butters? Which are your favorite shades?

Thanks for reading. Have a lovely, beautiful night. xx

4 comments:

  1. Hermosisima! No me quiero entrometer en tu vida personal pero espero que estes mejor ahora :( me pone triste saber que lloras aunque yo lo hago muy seguido.. Cheer up girl :) Millones de besos xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Flo Linda gracias por preocuparte. Estoy pasando por una etapa dificil en este momento, pero si Dios quiere todo pasara pronto. Muchos besos mas xxxxxxx!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Patricia!

    I own those 2 products and I couldn't agree more! The Maybelline Fit Me concealer has great coverage and consistency. I've been REALLY impressed by Maybelline lately...
    The Revlon lip butters are one of my favorite drugstore lipsticks. I love their formula, selection of colors and packaging! I have 3: Strawberry shortcake (which honestly doesn't look the best on my skin tone!), Peach Parfait (LOVE!) and Pink Truffle (DOUBLE LOVE)! ;-)
    I'm sorry you had a rough day... But you know what they say: After the rain comes the rainbow... :-)

    Have a lovely day honey!

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, hon! You're a sweetheart and I hope you feel better now. You can always look to me for some sweet words if you ever need them. I know it won't mean much but on my worst days I've felt better momentarily simply from lovely comments online.
    Thank you so much for the recommendations. I've heard really good things about the Maybelline Fit Me concealer so I've made a mental note to pick it up. It's been a frequent crying month for me so I do need it.
    Mucho amor!!
    xx Coco

    ReplyDelete