Sunday, February 24, 2013

Where Have I Been? Sunday Ramble!

Hi beauties!

I'm currently reading and taking notes for class, but I wanted to write a quick post because I feel terrible I have been neglecting my blog this week. So I have a few things to say...


1) I was given the opportunity to reintegrate psychoanalysis classes in my hometown, which I am extremely happy about. 


I dropped out of school about a year and a half ago due to personal reasons but I will be back soon. I have a year left in Uni but I've been busy this week taking psych tests and I also had an interview. Don't ask me why they make us do this to students who left and were about to finish....anyway, the results of the people that will be able to go back to school will be published on May 2. If everything goes well, I'd be back in Uni this May, Psychology Major.

The psychoanalysis courses I'm currently taking are at another place. So I'm really enjoying being busy and feeling productive nowadays!


2) I've been spending a lot of time with my family. 

Family is a big thing in South America. We're known for being incredibly welcoming, warm and close to those whom we love. It was recently decided that my sister will be going to school outside of Venezuela, so we have been spending more time together. This is us last night. We went out on a "date" to a Japanese restaurant.



3) Onto Makeup

- I have been loving a dewy, fresh look.


I'm wearing the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in the picture above, with the Dior Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder on the areas where the sun would naturally hit my face (which gave me a radiant look) and Benefit's High Beam on the top of my cheekbones. 

I was happy to find out that the Healthy Mix range won't be discontinued. It was actually re-formulated to be even more moisturizing. 






Another look I loved from earlier this week: Dior Forever foundation which gives great coverage paired with the Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Plum and a hint of natural radiance using Lorac Perfectly Lit Highlighter in the shade Spotlight on top of my cheeks. The lipstick worn on this picture is the Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple. 




After using a lot of neutrals for most part of the week, I wanted to use some color. The main focus for this look was supposed to be the Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in the shade 17 (Plum), but I added some turquoise over my black liner using another Aqua Cream, this time, the shade 21. 

Which brings me to another point I wanted to mention in this point:

An Instagram follower asked me how she can use these cream shadows. 

The following tips are for the Aqua Creams:
- Use your finger or a synthetic hair brush to apply. I like to apply it using the Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush that comes in the "Starter Set"
- Work on one eye at a time. These creams dry fast (approx 10-15 seconds) and once they set, they set. They are waterproof. 
- You can wear them alone for a wash of color, they can be applied to the eyelids in conjunction with powder eyeshadows, or can be used as eyeliners. 

I blended a lilac shade above the Aqua Cream #17 (Plum) for the look featured above.

Also, remember to tightly close the lids so the product doesn't dry out.

I have nothing negative to say about the Aqua Creams.


I have to continue my date with Freud, but I promise to catch up on Blog-Reading soon. If you are a reader and have a personal blog you would like to share, leave your link below. Thank you so much for reading. I hope you are all doing well! xx


4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy everything's going really well for you, friend! I love your recent makeup looks by the way:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're able to finish your Psychology Major! Wishing you the best,
    xxCoco

    ReplyDelete