Sunday, March 3, 2013

February Favorites

Monthly favorites are usually my favorite blogs to read and favorite videos to watch. Why? You get to see a wide range of products that people love and we may love, too. 

To make this post helpful and appealing, I've selected a wider range of products that don't include just a particular category. I hope you enjoy it!




Skincare 
1. Dior Hydra Life Youth Essential Concentrated Sorbet Essence: Phew! Fancy name huh? It is a good product though. Texture-wise, it's very runny. It almost feels like water, which in my opinion, makes it a very refreshing product. I like to use it as "face prep" before applying makeup. It makes my skin plump and smooth. 

2. Farmhouse Fresh Sundae Best Softening Mask with CoQ10: a 98% natural face mask. Yes, it smells like chocolate. But yes, it's very good for your skin. I love, love face masks. I find them very pampering and I like to use them a few times a week, depending on how my skin is behaving. Lately, I've been coming back to this one. It's rich in cocoa, coconut milk, honey, ginseng extracts and many enzymes. It's simply a treat for your skin. 

3. La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water: I always splash this on in the morning and evening after washing my face. It was originally designed for people with very sensitive skin and post-peel treatments, as it is very refreshing, but anyone can use it. UNLESS you are allergic to selenium (an antioxidant). And that is what I actually like about this product - as opposed to other thermal spring waters, this one contains that extra ingredient that is good food for your skin. 
Link:

4. Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment: Love, LOVE! I have reviewed this before and I haven't stopped using it since. I apply it at night after spritzing some LRP Thermal Water. It makes my skin so soft and radiant. You only need a drop or two.* Clarins makes different face oils for different skin types. 
*I have an older packaging. The new bottle comes with a dropper. 





Hair Care
Kerastase Nutritive Bain Oleo Relax: I can skip conditioner if I use this shampoo. It is so moisturizing! I can definitely notice a frizz reduction regardless of how humid it is outside. I'm on my third bottle. 





Eye Makeup
1. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Gel Liner shade Onyx: my favorite gel liner of all times. The longest it has stayed on my lids is 15 hours. 

2. Sephora Collection Pro Gel Liner Brush #26: I always use this brush when applying gel liner. 



3. Urban Decay Baked Eyeshadow: a gorgeous, metallic bronze shade I've had for ages but recently began using again. It is even more beautiful when applied wet. 

4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: everyone probably knows about this product by now, but I can't help admitting it's also a favorite of mine. It does make eyeshadow last longer and it increases their intensity. I have the Original shade. 

5. Mac Marche Aux Puces: a gorgeous warm duo. I think it has been discontinued, so I'm glad I was able to get it last year.




Blush 
Dior Bronze Harmonie de Blush in 002 Coral Riviera: another product I have had for ages and recently began using again. This shade looks stunning on medium skintones! It has tiny reflective particles which means you can skip a highlighter when using this blush, but it does not accentuate pores. 




Concealer 
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: a February discovery! Oh, I love finding a good drugstore product. I have one picture from an older post to show you just how amazing this is! My shade is 10 Light. 


A before and after JUST using the concealer on the undereye area, blemishes and around the nose. No editing (just those little hearts on the bottom right corner), no filters used.


Highlighter
Lorac Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder: I have the shade Spotlight, and it is incredible. So far, it is the most natural looking highlighter I own.
Link: http://www.sephora.com/perfectly-lit-oil-free-luminizing-powder-P187601




LIPS!


1. Revlon Colorburst Lipstick shade 065 Rosy Nude: I personally dislike "nude" shades that wash out lips' natural pigment. I think that "nude" shades are flattering when they match your natural lip's color. This is a great match for me. I love wearing it when I'm going bold on the eyes. 

2. Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in 03 Electric Ginger: this is a shimmery bronze shade that I love to wear on the center of my bottom lip to give the illusion of fuller lips. 
Link:

3. Revlon Lip Butter shade Candy Apple: I'm in love with this shade! It's a gorgeous cool-tone red.
You can read my review here
Link: 

4. Buxom Big and Healthy LipTarnish shade Buster: another cool-tone red. It's labeled as a stain, but I don't think it lasts long enough for me to classify it as a stain. It feels more like a glossy lip balm. Nonetheless, I love its minty sensation and I find it very moisturizing. 




That's it folks! Thanks so much for reading. What were your February Favorites? Comment or post your links below. X!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Reading and watching monthly favorites are my favorite to watch/read as well!

    I am completely obsessed with my Urban Decay Primer Potion! It is the best and a must have!

    Check out my February favorites sometime! :)

    Kendra
    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I'm intrigued about that concealer , i have to get it!!great post! :)

    xx
    FeelBella

    ReplyDelete