Monday, March 4, 2013

All Matte using the Lorac Pro Palette

Gotta love the Lorac Pro Palette. Pigmented, buttery, easy to blend, and the versatility of having two different types of textures: matte and shimmer. The possibilities of creating looks with this palette are endless. 

I've created a look that looks natural when the eyes are open, yet sexy when the lids are down using only matte shades. I hope you enjoy it!


Eyes/Eyeshadows from the Lorac Pro Palette
Shades used: White, Taupe, LT. Pink, Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Black (all matte)

1. Prime the eyes using Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer. 
2. Apply Taupe on the crease, blending upwards.
3. Apply Sable on the crease and blending towards the tear duct. This will create depth. 
4. To intensify the depth even further, apply Espresso on the crease blending downwards. 

We want to create depth right on the crease and make the colors "fade" as they move up, which is why the lighter shades of brown are used first. 

Tips
- Apply minimal product, then build. These shades are very pigmented. Remember: it's easy to add then to remove. Especially when it comes to eye products.
2. Always blend with a clean brush. Never blend with the same brush you apply product with. The result can be a muddy look. 

4. Apply Black on the outer corners of the eyes, drawing an outer V. Blend. Re-apply and continue to blend until you're satisfied with the strength of the crease.


5. Apply White on the first part of the lid. Blend.
6. Apply LT. Pink on the center of the lid. Blend.
7. Apply Mauve on the outer last 1/3 part of the lid. Blend.

Yes, I did mention the word blend a lot. But that is the key to this look: a very blended, soft and elegant smokey eye. 

8. Apply White below the brows. 

Eyes: The Rest 
1. Apply gel liner on the top lashline. I used Mac Fluidline in the shade Blacktrack.
2. Curl the lashes and apply mascara. I used L'oreal Voluminous Original Mascara in Black.
3. Groom eyebrows. I used Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in the shade Brunette to fill in any gaps. 

Face
1. Prime. I used Smashbox Photo Finish Light. 
2. Apply foundation. I chose Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Compact Foundation in the shade 30 Beige.
3. I used the Mac Studio Finish Concealer in the shade NC30 to conceal my dark circles. I then concealed my blemishes using the Benefit Boiing Concealer in the shade 02. 
3. I contoured my face using the Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in the shade Richly Honed. 
4. Apply blush. I used Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in the shade Blissful. 
5. I highlighted the top of my cheekbones using the Dior Amber Diamond Powder. 
6. I set my T-zone using Make Up For Ever HD Powder. 

Lips
Dior Addict shade 578


The Result











Thanks for reading! Goodnight everyone xx

7 comments:

  1. Your eyeliner is perfect x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Coco! I've always loved the way you do it as well xx

      Delete
  2. I love ur eyes & skin !

    www.naslii.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really loved the shades and the blending! Perfect job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your skin is so so flawless! jealous :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete