Monday, July 29, 2013

July Favorites

As most of you know, I enjoy reading monthly favorites. I think it's a fun way to discover or even re-discover goodies. Sit back, relax and enjoy another beauty post! 



MAKEUP 


The palette I reached for the most this month was the Lorac Pro Palette. If you don't have it already, it's one worth looking at, especially if you're a makeup newbie and you want something that has it all. You can create so many different looks, smokey or subtle. You get an even combination of matte and shimmery shadows, the pigmentation is absolutely incredible and the texture is buttery. It feels luxurious. Another bonus: it's travel friendly 

The Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick has quickly become my favorite red. I am in love with the formula as well. I am actually considering getting more shades. This lipstick comes in a liquid form but dries to a complete matte finish. And trust me when I say this: it is extremely, extremely long-lasting. I wore this on the weekend and I applied it around 7pm. I got back home around 2:30am. I ate, I had drinks and the lipstick was still on. I had to remove it with a couple of Bioderma-soaked cotton pads (and it was hard to remove). Love this!

Instagram @makeupbypatricia: wearing Stila's "Beso"

I can't say anything bad about the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo. You guys know I love in an extremely hot city. This powder doesn't budge and it doesn't fade. I find "Brunette" to be a perfect natural-looking match for my brows. Anastasia offers a wide range of shades you can find here

If you have combination to oily-skin, you will love the Hourglass Immaculate Foundation. It's been a favorite this month because it keeps my shine at bay and "Nude" is a perfect match for my skintone. You don't need to set this with powder as it dries to a matte finish. I wouldn't recommend this if you have very dry skin though (you're going to find it too drying). 



I actually didn't wear much foundation this month. I mostly used the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer not only to conceal my under-eye area, but also to conceal any spots or discoloration on my face. When you live in a hot place, it feels refreshing when you're not wearing much. I love the formula of this concealer-- it's creamy, lightweight and it doesn't crease. It has medium-coverage, it's buildable yet it never looks cakey. 


SKINCARE 



I really enjoyed using Philosophy's Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser as my second cleanser in my "double-cleansing" routine. It's a gentle, fragrance-free milk which cleanses effectively without drying the skin. It's actually contains natural oil extracts to help condition the skin. I love how I can also use this on my eye-area. 

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo has made it to the list this month after rapidly getting rid of a stubborn zit that came out of nowhere on my forehead. Tea tree didn't seem potent enough, so I dabbed some Effaclar Duo on top and SHAZAM! the inflammation was drastically reduced and by two days, literally two days, the zit was gone. Note: I have the European version but I use it as a spot treatment, even though LRP states that you can use it all over your face. 

Uriage is a brand I had never tried before, and my sister got me the Hyseac Mat' earlier this month. I really like it, and I've been using it a lot as a primer. It's very similar to La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat. The differences I found were that Hyseac Mat' is creamier and doesn't leave a "film" on the skin. I notice that LRP Effaclar Mat has a film that tends to "peel" if you rub your skin. Has anyone else noticed that?

One of the reasons my skin cleared up a lot in the month of July was because I re-introduced the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator into my routine. I use it every morning after cleansing my face. I dampen a cotton pad, run it all over my face and neck and then wait a minute before continuing with my regimen. Though it contains glycolic acid, it doesn't sting nor burn.


BODY

The Nuxe Reve de Miel Hand and Nail Cream was another gift from my sister. For those who are new to my blog, I'm somewhat OCD and I have the bad habit of washing my hands a lot. Thus, my hands tend to get dry very easily. Ever since I began using this hand cream, my hands have gotten so soft and the dryness is completely gone. This is like water for your hands!


Have you tried any of these products?
Which were your July Favorites? Feel free to share your link down below!



4 comments:

  1. Que bello delineado Pat!
    Me encantan todos los productos, con el unico que no tuve suerte fue con effaclar duo.. al principio funcionobien pero despues de un tiempo no me dio mas resultados.. ahora uso todo el tiempo tea tree oil que es incomparable !!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Nena!
      Sabes, me paso lo mismo. Lo deje de usar por un tiempo porque parecio dejar de ser eficaz... pero luego lo use esa vez (despues de varios meses) y me funciono. No se si es que mi piel se habia acostumbrado a el. Podrias probar a ver si te pasa lo mismo. Beso! xxx

      Delete
  2. Great picks sis!
    I love the Nuxe hand cream!
    The Stila liquid lipstick looks amazing on you! The longevity sounds incredible!
    You know my July favorites! ;-)
    Big kiss!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis!
      I wanted to get you a Stila lipstick... but then I remembered you don't like matte lipsticks. I'll have to look for something else for you. A creamy finish. I'll find something :)
      Big kiss back! xoxo

      Delete