Wednesday, July 31, 2013

L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow Review: Amber Rush and Endless Sea


Cream eyeshadows are becoming more and more popular nowadays, and we're finding great drugstore alternatives. The L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadows are a great example of them. Though they run on the more pricey side at the drugstore, they're still more affordable than higher end brands.

If you're interested in the L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadows, continue reading.

L'oreal claims that the Infallible shadows comfortable adhere to the eyelids like a cream with the ease of application of a powder: True. These eyeshadows have a creamy, almost mousse-like texture, are easy to blend and do not feel heavy on the eyelids. L'oreal also claims that they last for up to 24 hours and are sweat-proof, water-proof and crease-resistant: False. Though I have not worn these for twenty-four hours, these eyeshadows budge and fade after a few hours. Comparing them to Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams for instance, which are 100% waterproof, if you dab your finger across your eyelid, you will see some pigment on your finger, whereas MUFE's Aqua Creams set completely. Having said that, the L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadows provide excellent pigmentation and high quality for a good price. These are much easier to work with than MUFE's Aqua Creams. 

Amber Rush is a beautiful golden pink. Very light reflective.
L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush


Endless sea is a cool-toned frosty blue with a hint of teal.
L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Endless Sea



Top: L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Endless Sea
Bottom: L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush



I swatched Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams next to the L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadows so you could see the difference. MUFE Aqua Cream #15 is more bronze than Amber Rush. MUFE Aqua Cream #21 is more blue than Endless Sea. I only compared them in terms of color. MUFE Aqua Creams are a lot longer-lasting and they have a different texture. 

I think the L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadows are a great buy at drugstores these days. Good to use on the go, wear them by themselves for a wash of color, of layer other eyeshadows on top. 

Have you tried the Infallible Eyeshadows? Do you love them or hate them? Which are your favorite shades?


4 comments:

  1. I have 3 of these: Smoldering Plum, Midnight Blue, and ... something purple? Don't remember the other name!

    I like them a lot. I don't use them as much because most of my eyeshadows are now in palettes so anything that's in a single gets forgotten. Midnight Blue (I think that's how it's called) is my favorite. So gorgeous! I'm going to feature it in a post soon.

    Amber Rush looks beautiful! These are so similar in formula to the Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Eyeshadows which is great
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same thing happens to me! Single eyeshadows get stashed behind everything else. I'm looking forward to seeing Midnight Blue on your post!

      And yes, Amber Rush is really, really pretty. Worth it, in my opinion.

      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi sis!

    I'm so glad you like them!
    I've used Amber Rush a lot this month (but you already know that)!.
    I have 5 or 6 of them, my other favorite one is 'Bronzed Taupe'. It's so beautiful! It's a taupe but warmer than Satin Taupe for example... It's a gorgeous neutral shade for everyday.
    Another one I like is 'Sahara Treasure', a beautiful golden green-ish shade. It's hard to describe but it's really pretty!

    I will email you soon, I have A LOT to tell you!!! :-)
    Bisous!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for strongly recommending them! I'll have to look for those you mentioned!
      Can't wait for your e-mail! XOXO!

      Delete