Monday, November 11, 2013

Current Highlighting and Contouring Products

I'm back!

Ever since I learned about contouring and highlighting techniques years ago, I fell in love with it. The fact that you could give the illusion of a slimmer face, nose and well, just really add some dimension to the face, fascinated me. 

If you follow me on Instagram, then you'll have already noticed I've been mildly (sarcasm) obsessed with this technique at the moment.








Its as if light reflected from within. I love it. So today I'm sharing you the products I've been using to give shape and dimension to my round, chubby face :)




What You Need

The trick is to work with matte formulas. Completely matte. 

You don't have to use the same products I use. You only need a concealer and a powder lighter than your skin tone and a bronzer. Remember, matte!


Brushes

Any flat foundation brush and small, round brush will work. 



Kevyn Aucoin's Famous Guide



How I Do It

Note: This is the order that I personally follow when highlighting and contouring, but there are no rules.  It's only makeup!

After I've done my base (foundation + concealer), I proceed to applying a liquid highlighter. I use Mac Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen in Radiant Rose, which is a matte cool-toned pink, applying it with the brush included, and tapping it with a flat foundation brush (I use Sephora #47).



Using the same brush, I set the liquid with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Light, which is lighter than my skin tone. What I like about this powder is not only that it "sets" the highlighted areas, but it also provides a bit of coverage. 



I then move on to my contour using Benefit Hoola and a MAC 109 brush (face) and any fluffy blending brush for my nose. 



Have fun with it, and begin by applying minimal product. Remember, it's easier to add makeup than to remove it. 

See ya next Monday! X

Xoxo, 
Pat



8 comments:

  1. I have always loved a good ol' contour! wish i had model cheekbones!

    love your blog! found it via #bbloggers

    new follower on like everything lol!

    zara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! I don't have noticeable ones either LOL that's why I love to contour! X

      Delete
  2. I have always been curious of the MAC pens. Highlighting and contouring is magic! I can't imagine makeup without it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sos una princesa mira esa cara :)
    A mi ultimamente los bronzers en polvo no me estan funcionando para contouring, se me super marcan los poros!, quiero probar los sculpting creams de mac :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! *penita* Te entiendo. Intenta cambiar a cremas a ver. De todas manera, la tecnica es adictiva! Como cambia la cara! Beso!

      Delete
  4. Hi sis!
    It's amazing what contouring can do!
    It's not something that I do but I do love highlighting! I'm still loving the Benefit High Beam...
    You look absolutely gorgeous in those 2 pics... Meooooow! :-)
    Big kiss! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God, it totally transforms the shape of your face. I love it! I would divide highlighters into two types... there are those that are best used on the bridge of the nose, top of the cheekbones... like Benefit High Beam, due to the shimmer/pearlescent effect. But there are other types of highlighters with no shimmer whatsoever and their purpose is to "bring out" certain areas of the face. That's where this Mac one comes along. It's absolutely divine to work with for that purpose. Thanks for the compliments *shy face* Muah! XOXO

      Delete