Monday, November 18, 2013

The problem: tap water / The Solution: Thermal spring water.


Whether it's in the shower or coming from the sink, we're always in touch with tap water. And though I've purchased thermal spring water since my early teens, I never really found them that important until recently.



My interest and awareness in skincare has grown as I'm almost entering my mid 20's, and something  I have given a lot of thought is how dirty tap water really is. Unless you use a filter, tap water is filled with numerous heavy metals including copper, magnesium, zinc, lead and calcium, just to name a few. The effects can be quite pernicious; all the minerals and salts that are left behind act as free radicals which break down the cell structure and attack collagen fibers in the skin, leading to fine lines, dryness and clogged pores. 

To make this all simpler: tap water isn't that good for your skin. Though famous thermal spring waters like the one by Vichy, La Roche Posay, Avene and Evian are really just plain water, ever since I began spraying thermal spring water to my face and neck after cleansing and prior to applying treatments, I've noticed my skin appearance has improved. But to be completely blunt, being a skincare lover, I find comfort in knowing I'm getting rid of all the nasties in tap water and I'm prepping it with love and care. So even though there isn't anything resoundingly exciting about the content in these bottles, at least you know it's clean and good for your skin. 

La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water is the only one I've tried and love. What differentiates it from the other brands I mentioned is the presence of selenium, an antioxidant. 


It's just a quick extra step in my routine, and I would recommend others to try it out. 

Have a lovely week! See ya next Monday.
xoxo,
pat

1 comment:

  1. Great tip!
    I love Thermal Water... My favorite is from Avène. Got to have this on my sink at all time!
    Good evening sis! xoxo

    ReplyDelete