Sunday, January 19, 2014

By Terry Sheer Expert Review

I had been wanting the By Terry Sheer Expert Foundation so badly for so long, I literally dreamed about it. I was at a mall at the By Terry counter and a lady was color-matching me. Yes... I know.

My sister surprised me on Christmas when she handed me a mysterious little box and inside... there it was - the By Terry Sheer Expert Foundation. Words cannot express how excited I was. 


I love full-coverage foundations - don't get me wrong, but I was in the hunt for something weightless and undetectable. Something that would even out my skin tone. To be honest, this foundation is so luxurious, it almost feels like skincare to me (but it's not!) because it leaves my skin so soft. I find that applying it with my fingers provides the prettiest finish. I've taken some before and after pictures in different lighting so you can see the results. It is a pricey foundation but you get 35ml instead of your standard 30ml. My rating? A+, HG Status.

I do plan on getting the Cover Expert in the future... which provides more coverage. If you're curious to see all the swatches, The Beauty Professor has a post with every single swatch of the Cover Expert which runs in the same shades as those in the Sheer Expert. PS: Thank you, Rachel, for helping me find my match!

If you have good skin and just want to even things out, give this a try. You will not be disappointed.

The exact amount I use to cover my entire face. My shade is #8 Intense Beige 

Before Foundation - only eye makeup - NATURAL LIGHTING

With the By Terry Sheer Expert Foundation - NATURAL LIGHTING
Before Foundation - only eye makeup - ARTIFICIAL LIGHTING 

With the By Terry Sheer Expert Foundation  - ARTIFICIAL LIGHTING

A little behind the scenes. I always find the whole *squeeze, take a picture, wash your hand, apply foundation, wash your hand, take picture* thing hilarious/complicated.


The Final Look:



Full List of Products
- Smashbox Photofinish Light Primer
- By Terry Sheer Expert Foundation
- Bobbi Brown Corrector
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
- Mac Prep + Prime Highlighting Pen in Radiant Rose
- Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in the shade Light to set
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer
- Stila Convertible Color in the shade Lillium
- Nars Orgasm Illuminator
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Nars Cordura eyeshadow duo
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Gel liner in the shade Onyx
- Urban Decay 24/7 Demolition pencil
- L'oreal Voluminous Mascara 
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
- Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in the shade Rhone 

6 comments:

  1. Que hermosa.. la verdad que esa base te queda genial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchisimas gracias Flo <3 <3 Un abrazote!

      Delete
  2. This looks absolutely incredible on you! You have me tempted to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Heather! You should stop by a counter if you have a counter near you... just try it. I personally love it. Xo

      Delete
    2. whoops! You should stop by a counter if you have one near you *

      Delete
  3. Sis! Your skin looks so good! Also without foundation!!!
    I'm really really tempted to try it... I think I will ask for a sample next time I go to Sephora! I also want to try their concealer pen because of you!
    Your makeup looks so good in the last picture... I wish I could pull off bright lipsticks like you do... damnit! :-)

    Have a nice day sis! I'm blogging in my local Starbucks right now... LOL!
    Mwah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete