Sunday, February 2, 2014

Face of the Day (02.02.14)

It's been a while since I've done a face of the day on the blog, so that's what I'm going to do today! I wanted to do a very natural, glowy look suitable for daytime. Though it's not the quickest look, I find it looks effortless. Hope you enjoy!

Skincare is extremely important to me, and I believe you should always prep your skin prior to makeup application. I began by applying the Dr. Brandt Triple Peptide Eye Cream. Since I was going for a glowy look, I applied a spritz of my Caudalie Divine Oil onto my hands, rubbed them and them patted them on my face. It leaves my skin soft, plump and it doesn't break me out.

The primer I've been loving lately is the Make Up For Ever HD Primer, so I dabbed a bit onto my fingertips and gently patted it onto my face focusing on the t-zone. I like to let the products sink in, so I immediately followed up with an eye primer, the Urban Decay Primer Potion and immediately moved on to my brows to let the primers set. I combed my eyebrows upwards and filled them in with the Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows in the shade 02 Soft Brown. 

I used Bobbi Brown Corrector in the shade Bisque and then the L'oreal The Touch Magique Concealer. I applied Nars Illuminator in Orgasm over my primer and under my foundation - the By Terry Sheer Expert which I apply with my fingertips. I let that sit and I grabbed a Mac 242 brush to apply Chanel Illusion D'ombre in the shade Emerville on my lids and then applied Mac Shroom Eyeshadow on the inner corners of my eyes and on the browbones. I lined my top lashline starting at the center of my lids moving outwards and creating a wing with  a Mac 209 brush and my Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Gel Liner in the shade Stay Onyx. For mascara I went with Benefit They're Real on the top and bottom lashes and I then lined my bottom waterline with the Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in the shade Nude. 


I've been reaching my Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in the shade Richly Honed again. I find that drawing a line with my index finger on my cheekbones and then blending it with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush (upwards motion) creates beautiful carved cheekbones. I like to create a bit more depth using the Benefit Hoola Bronzer with a Mac 109 brush. I used Nars Orgasm as my blush and Benefit High Beam as a highlighter, focusing on the top of my cheekbones. 

On my lips I used Mac Ablaze lipstick, which unfortunately was limited edition and is no longer available.


My hair gets oily after day two... so I sprayed some Klorane Dry Shampoo and voila! 

7 comments:

  1. Hi sis!
    Good to see you are back!
    I love that makeup... it really suits you! Your skin is perfect!
    That lipstick looks divine on your sun kissed complexion... Oh and did I mention your top? Coral with stripes... perrrrrrrrrfect!!!! :-)
    Much love!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sis!!! Thank you! It's "simple" but I also like the way it looks... my complexion isn't perfect... I need my blue plasma back LOL. And AAHH!! I thought of you when I chose to wear that top btw! I know you love stripes <3 Much love sis! XOXO

      Delete
  2. Camara nueva?? Las fotos están bellísimas! Que hermosa te ves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias por los cumplidos! No es camara nueva, tiene conmigo casi diez anos. Quisiera comprarme otra que grabe, pero lo veo dificil. Xo

      Delete
  3. The lip colour is so bright and summery, love your hair cut

    Jenn www.BarelyThereBeauty.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete