Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday Pamper: Revive Your Tired Complexion


The Beauty Flash Balm is a cult classic, but you either love it or hate it. Though I've been using it for a little over three years as a primer, I had never, surprisingly, used it as a mask. 

What are my thoughts about it as a primer? Does it really tighten and brighten? In terms of glow, there is some minimal radiance that is left on the skin once you pat it in. That's actually an important note: a lot of people don't know how to properly use the Beauty Flash Balm. You're supposed to pat it in, like a serum, do not rub it, as it creates a film. Then you immediately apply your foundation or moisturizer - again, try not to rub those too much either. I can see other products like the Tatcha Dewy Mist giving quicker radiance to the skin, but that's just my opinion. I don't have sagging skin (yet, phew!) but I do feel a subtle, pleasant tightness to the skin once I apply the Beauty Flash Balm. My makeup wears beautifully whenever I use this. 

But what about using it as a mask? Well, I put it to the test today. I applied a thick layer all over my face, let it sink in for 15 minutes, rinsed with lukewarm water, gently patted a towel onto my skin and my skin felt comfortable, energized and tightened (in a good way). That was exactly what I was looking for, since my skin was just feeling a bit blah

I always follow with skin food after a mask - I apply an oil, a serum, a moisturizer, a balm - something that will furthermore nourish my skin. I followed the Beauty Flash Balm with the Clark's Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask (I got a tiny sample in a New Beauty Test Tube) which can be used as a moisturizer or a mask. I have normal skin and this balm is too heavy for me to use as a moisturizer. So what do I do? I apply it as a leave-on mask. A thin layer will do. I must say: those with very dry skin will absolutely love this balm. Despite its hefty price tag ($72) this moisturizer/mask is packed with beautiful ingredients such as Camellia Leaf Extract, Japanese Green Tea (antioxidant), Algae Extract (calms redness) and Vitamin E. It is very moisturizing you guys. 

The end result? My skin is plump, happy, soft to the touch and energized. 

Which are your favorite masks? 

3 comments:

  1. I want it!

    KISS www.befashionlikeaboss.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis! I love this balm... I use it on special occasions... I love how my skin looks when I use it. I've never tried it as a mask... I will definitely try it.
    Thanks for sharing! :-)
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it goes for you! Thank YOU for stopping by as always! XOXO

      Delete