Friday, April 11, 2014

Dr. Jart Ceramidin Liquid Review


Though our bodies produce ceramide molecules, its production declines as we age. So why are they so important and why are companies including this ingredient in skin care? Ceramides act as a protective barrier on the skin preventing water-loss and therefore, dehydration. 

Dehydration = dull skin = fine lines = wrinkles

Anyone can have dehydrated skin, even those with oily skin because dehydration means there's a lack of water, not oil. How to tell if your skin is dehydrated? And what's the difference between dry and dehydrated skin?

If your skin feels rough, tight, lacking radiance, you might be experiencing dehydration. I personally notice my skin is dehydrated when out of nowhere, fine lines will appear on my forehead - lines which are never present when my skin is properly moisturized. 

Dry skin is a skin type. Dehydrated skin is a skin condition and it's usually caused by external elements such as air-conditioning, weather, poor diet, smoking, over-exfoliating or using harsh, stripping facial cleansers (I'm looking at you, foaming cleansers!).

Dr. Jart Ceramidin Liquid is a beautiful serum with a clear, runny consistency. After I cleanse my skin, I apply a few drops of Perricone MD Blue Plasma, let it sink in and apply a dime size amount of Ceramidin Liquid. A a couple things I want to point out: a little bit goes a long way and you need to let it sink in for a good 5-7 minutes because it does leave a slight tacky, sticky feeling which does subside once the product fully sinks in. 

I've been using this serum for the last couple of months at night and I've noticed a big difference. My skin feels more comfortable, feels more subtle and looks healthier in general. It's also a fabulous product to use during the day if your skin is flaky. I was doing my makeup one day and I had only prepped my skin with a moisturizer. I applied the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer and then noticed it had accentuated dry flakes on my nose. I removed the makeup around the area, applied a tiny bit of Ceramidin Liquid and then the foundation on top and my the flakes were gone. Marvelous. 

The key ingredients in this serum are ceramides to help protect water retention, licorice root extract which helps with redness and inflammation, aloe vera which calms irritated skin while hydrating and pathenol which helps combat signs of sensitivity and helps the skin feel more soft and supple. 

Overall, a great product and a bargain, in my opinion, considering you get 5oz. (whereas most serums come with 1oz. of product) for $39. Bonus? Paraben, sulfate and phthalate-free. 

I purchased mine on sephora.com


3 comments:

  1. Me encantó esta review.. desafortunadamente no uso ningun producto a la noche porque no tengo ni idea de que le vendrá bien a mi piel mega oleosa :(

    besotes , flo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best reviews sis! This one was no exception...
    You are dangerous for my bank account, LOL!
    Much love!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's weird that you mention this product being sulfate-free, since sulfates are detergents and it would make no sense for them to be in a serum, so being "sulfate-free" isn't a meaningful thing to state as an upside of this product. It's good to be ingredient-conscious, but I think it's important to understand why and what each ingredient is doing, rather than just fearing them outright.

    ReplyDelete