Sunday, April 20, 2014

Orange Eyes With Gold Glitter Tutorial

#nofilter
Hi my lovelies! If you are an old follower then you already know I never plan out my makeup looks. Makeup for me totally depends on my mood that day. I never really know what I am going to come up with. I was inclined towards orange hues today and wanted to add a bit of sparkle since I was going to film my last (camera died) a YouTube video. This was the end result. If you like what you see and would like to know which products I used, keep on reading.


The first thing I always do is apply my primers - both eye and face and then give them a couple of minutes to set. On my eyes I used Urban Decay Primer Potion and on my face I used Smashbox Photofinish Light.


Using a Mac 224 brush, I applied Mac Samoa Silk eyeshadow as a transition color above the crease. Really take your time blending every color. The more you blend, the prettier it'll look. Using the same brush, I blended Rule over the same color. Using a Mac 217 brush I applied and blended Inglot eyeshadow #335 on the crease. I chose this color because it's a brown with has a red undertone. Using a Mac 219 brush I applied Inglot # 327 which is a cooler, darker brown just on the outer corners and then I connected it to my lower lashline to create a smokey effect. I wiped off the brush and applied Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow #18, a vibrant matte orange from outer to inner bottom lashline. Using a Mac 239 I tapped that same Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow on my mobile lid. I find that working from top to bottom facilitates the whole blending process.



For some reason I like to apply my highlight last. I used Mac Ricepaper applied with a Royal & Langenickel Flat Smudger C446 on the browbone and a Sephora Gel Liner Brush to apply the same shade on the inner corners. 

#nofilter

Using a Mac 209 brush and the Estee Lauder Double Wear Gel Liner in Stay Onyx I created drew my winged liner on my top lashline. Clearly, the star in this look is the gold glitter liner. I used the Mac Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in Pure Show over the black liner. To tightline and fill in my bottom waterline I used the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Stingray. I really like the formula because it doesn't transfer.


#nofilter
I applied tons of mascara. I used Benefit They're Real.

Brows! I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown with her Brush #15.

And then I moved to my base. The reason why I always do my base last is because if there is any eyeshadow fall-out, you can just wipe it off without having to worry about disrupting your base. 


I applied the Kevyn Aucoin Foundation with a spatula onto my skin and then blended it all out with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I used the By Terry Touche Veloute under my eyes to get rid of my dark circles. I let that sit for a minute and proceeded with the Mac Prep + Prime Highlighting Pen in Radiant Rose to highlight the undereye area, center of the forehead, above the brows and on the bridge of the nose (sigh!). I set all of that with my Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light. I then contoured with a Mac 109 Brush and Benefit Hoola Bronzer. For blush, I went with Dior Coral Riviera blended with a Mac 168 brush and highlighted the top of my cheekbones, center of the nose and cupid's bow with Benefit Watts Up

It may seem like I use a lot of brushes, and I do. The reason behind that is to prevent anything from looking muddy. 

Lips? I used Tutti Frutti Lip Butter by Revlon! I applied about three layers because the formula is very sheer. 


That was it! Stay tuned for a new video coming up this week. You can subscribe here.

I was overwhelmed with my feedback on Instagram after posting this look and I shared with you my response: a big fat smile! You guys make me so darn happy! Thank you so much.

#nofilter. lighting looks different because photo was taken with front camera on my phone :)

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I've been trying to get a hold of Samoa Silk but I can't find it on the MAC website :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco! Have you tried looking for it in stores??

      Delete
  2. Beautiful sis!
    These warm tones look so good on you.
    Your skin... what to say... FLAWLESS! Bitch! LOL... Kidding... Love you sis! :-)
    Mwah! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Sis!! It's the foundation! When Fio and I did the video... she was behind the camera and as I was buffing it in she said "esa verga es photoshop" --> "that shit's photoshop!!!" and I obviously had to try really hard not to laugh. But yeah, the KA SSE is the shiz! Xoxo

      Delete