Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks

My sister from another mother, Anne knows me well, so she picked two lipsticks from my favorite drugstore brand, Bourjois which is extremely hard to find in the Americas (Canada carries them and recently Walgreens launched a few items from the range).

From top to bottom: 04 Peach Club, 07 Nude-ist
Left to right: 04 Peach Club, 07 Nude-ist (They look satin-y because they were freshly swatched)
Both shades are beautiful. Peach Club is a gorgeous muted coral that I love to wear when I want to instantly "brighten" my complexion. Nude-ist is a warm rose shade perfect for those who are seeking a "my-lips-but-better" look. 

Formula-wise, they feel wet when you first apply them but as they dry, they become matte. Even though these lipsticks have a matte finish, they feel creamy on the lips. Having said this, I always recommend applying a lip balm prior to wearing any kind of lipstick to "prep" the lips, especially if you suffer from dryness.

They last a good six to eight hours on my lips but keep in mind, these do transfer. Despite this, I like the stain these leave behind as they fade. 

These are not the most opaque lipsticks but this is good news for those who don't like overly-pigmented lipsticks. And those who like a bit more of intensity, you'll be happy to hear that layering them isn't an issue. I've found some liquid lipsticks like the ones by Stila or Hourglass become patchy if you try to add layers.

Another pro is the price tag. With Bourjois you're always paying a drugstore rate for quality that feels high-end. 

One of the negatives I can think of is the scent, which I can't quite put my finger on (I'm not the best at describing scents to begin with). Paint. Chemicals. Those are some words that come to my head when I smell this. Luckily, the scent subsides after a couple minutes upon application. 

Another negative is of course - inaccessibility. Anytime my friends from Europe talk about Bourjois, I admit I get quite jealous. I wish Bourjois was more considerate of their fans and distributed their products to other continents in the world. 

Here I am wearing "Peach Club"



1 comment:

  1. Hi sis!
    I'm really happy you like them!!!
    Peach Club suits you perfectly!
    Thanks for the mention... :-)
    Mwah! xx

    ReplyDelete