Tuesday, September 9, 2014

La Prairie Essence of Skin Caviar Eye Complex Review

First of all, I know I have been MIA. I've been sick. Very sick. I don't get sick often but this time it struck me hard. So far it's been day five without my voice back. I know. It sucks. We, humans take speaking (among many other things) for granted. 

But on to another review. And having said this, it's time to get serious over here and blog once a week, and set an actual date. So as of next week I will be blogging every Wednesday. I figured it'd be a good day since it's in the middle of the week. For anyone new to my website, I'm not the blogger who writes about all the latest things because honestly, I can't afford it. Venezuela is going through its deepest crisis ever. I blog about things that I come across that I love and recommend. If I find something I think is not worth the money or time, I'll tell you.

But this serum... I've wanted something from La Prairie since I was a little girl because it is a brand my mom used when I was teeny-tiny. My mom is now sixty-one and her skin looks pretty darn good. 

I have always read and heard that it is best to invest in a serum than a moisturizer. A serum is far much concentrated than any other facial product and delivers instant moisture and nourishment to treat a specific skin condition. So when I was browsing La Prairie online I looked saw the Essence of Skin Caviar Eye Complex and bam. I wanted it. It was my birthday in July, and that same month I defended my Psychology thesis in which I did excellent and to gift myself, I bought this.


And holy....

It is a mini eye-lift. In a matter of seconds, the gel-to-water consistency tightens the contours of your eyes. I love that you are also supposed to use this on your eyelids. I know taking care of eyelids might sound a bit boring, but trust me, you can definitely tell a difference as you age. I remember doing my godmother's makeup earlier this year (she's in her early 50's) and her eyelids were so firm, hence making it easier to apply eyeshadow on her. I asked her what her secret was and she said, "I've always applied eye cream on my eyelids." 

This is suitable for anyone who is looking to take better care of their eye area, and I know it has a hefty price tag but believe me, you have to try it. If you cannot afford it and just want to see how it feels, go to a La Prairie counter on any big department store and have a sales representative apply it to you. Don't worry about bacteria -- the serum is dispensed in a dropper, providing the exact drop you need.




That's something else that drew my attention towards it -- you only need one drop, making this 15 ml / 0.5 oz. investment worthwhile. 

I use it in the AM and PM right after cleansing. I've been using this serum for a month now and I can tell my eye contour area is more firm and toned. Honestly, I can't picture myself without this now. 

As described in the La Prairie website:

"One drop is all it takes. Essence of Skin Caviar Eye Complex is like a mini eyelift. A lightweight, rapidly penetrating gel, it firms, nourishes and re-energizes the eye zone. Tone and texture improve. Fine lines and wrinkles fade away. The delicate skin around the eyes is hydrated and brightened, as signs of stress and fatigue melt away and imperfections are erased. Also acts as a primer so eye makeup stays on like a dream."

I'd say yes to everything except the "primer" part. I think that's just thrown in there as a gimmick.

Do you have any La Prairie favorites? If so, please share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment