Sunday, October 12, 2014

Bite Beauty Lip Love Ultimate Lip Rescue Kit

I suffer from dry lips. Really dry lips. It doesn't help that I bite them whenever I don't have anything on them. 

While walking through Sephora, I saw that my favorite lipstick brand, Bite Beauty had come up with a couple holiday sets, but "Lip Love" ($40) in particular caught my eye, especially since they labeled it as "Ultimate Lip Rescue Kit". 

I do own lip balms that I love: Nuxe Reve de Miel, Tatcha Camellia Nourishing Lip Balm, Fresh Sugar Advanced Lip Therapy Treatment. They are all great, but my lips needed something stronger.


What you get inside: 
  • 2x Lush Lip Wipes
  • 1 Whipped Cherry Fruit Scrub: 0.13 oz. / 3.7g (Original price $18 for 0.26 oz)
  • BB for lips SPF 15 in the shade "Tawny": 0.12 oz / 3.52 g (Original price $24 for 0.12 oz, so you're getting this full size)
     
  • Agave Lip Mask: 0.18 oz. / 5.0g (Original price $26 for 0.52 oz)

If you go visit Bite Beauty in Sephora, you'll see rave reviews on their Agave Lip Mask. And I can't believe it took me this long to get it. 



You need the tiniest amount, and by tiny I mean the following: 


It does have a very medicinal scent with a very ironic taste: it's surprisingly sweet. I love using this both in the morning and at night prior to bedtime. Something I've noticed about this lip treatment in contrast to other lip "balms" I've tried is that this one doesn't sit on your lips. It doesn't feel heavy either. It actually hydrates so much, all my flaky spots are gone by the morning. 

Key ingredients: resveratrol (antioxidant), medical grade lanolin, jojoba oil, organic agave nectar. 

I LOVE that it doesn't contain petroleum (basically what you find in vaseline, cheap)


The lip scrub has a delicious cherry scent (think the RED starbursts!). Unfortunately, this was a disappointment. The granules in this are very sparse meaning you don't get a "proper" exfoliation. It is creamy and very nourishing though, so my lips felt very soft after using this. 

Key ingredients: resveratrol, vitamin C, rice bran, olive fruit oil, pistachio seed oil, beeswax.

When I heard Bite Beauty had come up with BB for lips, I admit I sighed, a bit underwhelmed. BB? For lips? It seemed like a gimmick to me, that's why I never even paid attention to them at Sephora even though Bite Beauty is my absolute favorite brand when it comes to lips. This is what I love about these holiday kits: you end up trying things you wouldn't have thought of getting in the first place. 

Boy... oh, boy. 


This is lush. 100% lush. It's unlike any other tinted lip balm I've ever tried, especially when layered on top of the Agave Lip Mask. My "cracks" disappeared. I couldn't even feel them afterwards. My lips where so nourished, soft and plump afterwards, it was almost addictive to rub them together. 

Bite Beauty says:
"Say hi to your new lip essential. BITE’s new BB for lips is a multi tasking miracle balm that hydrates and nourishes, as well as colour-corrects and protects. Shea butter and essential oils soften lips, SPF 15 protects, and sumac wax locks moisture in, repairing and priming for all day coverage. The balm comes in 5 natural mineral tints that create a healthy looking flush.
Show off your natural lips, only better!"

I agree. And even though the shade "Tawny" looks dark in the picture, it is actually very sheer. It's definitely a "my lips but better" shade. It immediately plumps my lips and the softness endures throughout the day. LOVE. 




The only thing I haven't tried from the set are the wipes, but Bite states they were developed exclusively for the lips to hydrate while removing old color. They can also be used anytime to nourish while mattify at the same time. 


Overall, I think this is an excellent holiday kit perfect for anyone who suffers from extremely dry lips or perhaps for yourself! As someone with chronic dry lips I can say: this works and it gets an A+ for me.

Disclosure: I bought this kit myself.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the review! I couldn't find anything on this kit until I came across your post :) it seems like an amazing buy. I wish they would've been in stock at my local Sephora. I will have to hunt it down.

    ReplyDelete