Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil Review

I've been a fan of hair oils or "serums" all my life. It's a must-have in my haircare routine because I always apply a dime size from mid-shaft to ends prior to using my favorite curly hair product, Moroccan Oil Curl Defining Cream

I've used the MoroccanOil Hair Treatment and the Agave Oil Treatment before, but before I ran out of the last one, I decided to get the Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Oil (100 ml / 3.4 fl. oz / $48) just to try something new and well, because I was already shopping at SpaceNK. 


Texture-wise, Oribe's Gold Lust oil is thinner than both the MoroccanOil and Agave oil, which I prefer. I just use a dime size amount right after combing my hair as soon as I get out of the shower. 

This oil makes my hair soft yet it's very lightweight, so it doesn't weigh it down. I also use a smaller amount just on my ends if I want to touch-up on hair day #2 or #3. If you have short hair, you might want to use less than a dime-size, otherwise, it will make your hair oily.

Oribe's signature scent envelopes your hair, and bonus: it's a scent that men love. Jasmine, edelweiss flower extract, shea butter, argan oil, lychee, sandalwood and bergamot are just some of its key ingredients -- an ingredient list I instantly fell in love with: 

Cyclopentasiloxane, coconut alkanes, dimethiconol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, crambe abyssinica seed oil, coco-caprylate/caprate, limnathes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, argania spinosa kernel oil, tocopherol, parfum/fragrance, hordeum distichon (barley) extract, orbignya speciosa kernel oil, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, phellodendron amurense bark extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, citrus limon (lemon) peel oil, citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, jasminum officinale (jasmine) oil, citrullus lanatus (watermelon) fruit extract, litchi chinensis fruit extract, lenotopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, TBHQ, limonene, hexyl cinnamal, linalool, citral.

Overall this is an amazing hair oil that leaves my hair remarkably soft, bouncy and smelling ultra-sexy.

1 comment:

  1. I love hair oils too! Oribe seems really on trend at the moment... everybody likes it!
    I really want to try their texturizing spray... my hair is extremely flat at the moment but I'm scared to become addicted to the stuff as it's fairly expensive LOL! This oil sounds divine though... is it very different from the Elixir Ultime?
    The picture is beautiful! Love a good skyline... :-)
    Much love sis!
    xx

    ReplyDelete