Thursday, November 13, 2014

Four Mascaras, Four Opinions

I've had these mini mascaras (which surprisingly last a long time) for a little over three months now. In case you didn't know, you're supposed to toss your mascara every three months, as the brushes are a ground breed for bacteria. 



Today I will share with you its claims vs. my thoughts on them. 




Its Claims
If you're looking for a no-hassle, no-smudge mascara that you can take throughout your day with no re-application, blinc mascara is your answer. Instead of painting your lashes like conventional mascaras, blinc mascara forms tiny no-smudge, water-resistant "tubes" around your lashes. Once applied, these mascara tubes bind to your lashes and cannot run, smudge, clump, or flake, even if you cry or rub your eyes.
Whether your daily activities take you from the office, to your sweaty workout or out to dinner, your lashes will look as good in the evening as they did when you first applied blinc in the morning. blinc mascara will add volume and length to give you a radiant natural look that lasts all day.
Only when you are ready for removal, the tubes will effortlessly slide off your lashes into your hand without the use of a harsh makeup remover.

My Thoughts
A good friend of mine actually swears by this mascara. She loves that it deposits little tubes into every lash giving the illusion of thicker lashes. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I felt like it did nothing for my lashes and the formula was very wet. 

Note: if you try this, don't freak out when you're removing it with water at the end of the day. It's not your lashes that are falling off, it's the little "tubes" that coat them. 




Its Claims
They're real! lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts & separates. Our jet black, long-wearing formula won’t smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had! What else you need to know:
94% saw dramatic length & volume*
90% saw base-to-tip curl* 94% saw visible lift* 100% saw long-wearing results*
*Results observed in a consumer panel survey

My Thoughts
This used to be my go-to mascara about a year ago. I loved the way it thickened my stubborn, straight lashes. However I then began noticing that the plastic bristle was hard and hurt my top lashline. On top of that, it's a pain in the ass to remove. There's actually a drugstore mascara that is way better than this one for half the price and better results.




Its Claims
Take your lashes to the extreme with this ultra-black mascara that lengthens, curls and magnifies for an intensified look proven to increase lash volume by 752% instantly!

Product Performance: Take your sultry, flashy lashes to the extreme with this amped up, ultra-black mascara that lengthens, curls and magnifies lashes for an intensified look proven to increase lash volume by 752% instantly! Powered by tarte’s proprietary triple black complex, this longwear, vitamin-infused formula emphasizes length and volume while conditioning lashes for a dramatic look that won’t dry out, flake or budge. The custom-engineered, dual-molded brush boosts even the skinniest lashes for an exaggerated, voluminous look. First, the shorter, denser side of the brush delivers the optimal amount of mascara to volumize and coat each lash perfectly, then the longer, firmer side of the brush lengthens and separates for maximum volume without clumping.

Powered By: Provitamin B5: vitamin B derivative that helps treat and thicken lashes.
Beeswax: a protective barrier between the skin and the environment that has been known to naturally stimulate collagen production.
Mineral pigments: soothe and soften lashes.

My Thoughts
Yada, yada, yada...some people take marketing to the extreme these days. I don't like to use the word hate, so lets stick to "strongly dislike". I strongly disliked this mascara from the moment I first tried it. It's dry, the brush was uncomfortable and out of all the mascaras I'm reviewing today, this one is the worst, in my experience. 




Its Claims 
Get instant lash drama in a single coat, no clumping or flaking.
  • Intense black pigments
  • Triple coating system delivers a fluid and creamy application to quickly and easily build big, battable lashes that won’t clump or flake throughout the day.
My Thoughts
This is my new holy grail mascara. In spite of it not being waterproof (though they do have a waterproof version I haven't tried), this holds a curl like no other. When I carefully coat each lash, I notice instant volume. I also love that my lashes appear to be longer and ahhh -- the formula. It doesn't flake. I love it!

Yes, it is an expensive mascara. No, your lashes and mine are not the same, so perhaps there is a mascara in here that you love and I disliked. Perhaps some mascaras that I love and you dislike. That's just how it goes! 

Are there any mascaras you love or strongly dislike? If so, do share!

3 comments:

  1. Hi sis!
    I like a good mascara sample! You are right, they last surprisingly well.
    I've tried the Benefit 'They're Real' recently and I must say I really didn't like it. It doesn't give me enough volume. It's a bitch to remove and I always ended up loosing a few lashes. I don't have many to start with so it's a big no no!
    You know I like the Clinique High Impact... they sales assistant always give me samples whenever I get something there... I didn't buy a full size in ages LOL!
    I'm testing Rimmel Wonder'Full at the moment... so far so good, impressed! :-)
    Happy Saturday my dear!
    Mwah! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wearing They're Real and I really like it! But it's true that it hurts the lashline sometimes! And yes... is a completely pain in the ass to remove! I guess that's why Benefit came up with the They're Real Remover... But who wants to spend more money on a specific remover to that mascara? I guess I'm going to try the L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess your lashes and mine are the same! I have the last 3 that you reviewed (Benefit, Tarte, Lancome), and I agree with you exactly! I have a few other HG mascaras - Makeup Forever, Clinique Dramatically Different, and Almay Waterproof. :)

    ReplyDelete