Monday, November 24, 2014

L'Occitane Amande Firming & Smoothing Milk Concentrate


I was walking at Sephora during the VIB Sale Event earlier this month and stopped at the L'Occitane aisle. I was wearing shorts that day and my legs were very irritated. I did something very stupid: I "dry" shaved because I was in a rush one night and then moisturized with jojoba oil mixed with peppermint oil. I got a little carried away with the peppermint which ended up irritating my already-irritated skin due to dry shaving (never do that!). Hence my legs were very itchy, to the point where my skin hurt. 

"Try our almond range" said the L'Occitane rep, in a very casual fashion, not trying to sell me anything. I told her I was currently using the Almond Shower Oil which I love (I've gone through three already!) and use to shave my legs with, but also told her about my silly incident. Since my legs were already there and bare, I decided to try the Amande Firming & Smoothing Milk Concentrate. Immediately I felt the itchiness subside and my bumpy skin was softened. 

I wanted to take advantage of the sale and actually ended up purchasing the Delicious Almond Set (which is ah-mazing and highly recommend you getting before it's gone!) which includes half size (3.5 oz.) of the Amande Milk.

This body moisturizer is hands down the most luxurious I've ever tried, and though I don't think you should stick to expensive moisturizers, you do get what you pay for with this one. I love how there is slip to it due to the almond oil & milk in it, meaning you will need less amount to cover the skin, making this jar last quite a while. About the jar -- it's very heavy, so it's not good for travel.

And a tip: make sure your skin is slightly damped before applying your moisturizer, just like you would with skincare products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment