Monday, December 1, 2014

Benton Snail Bee High Concent Essence Review

The idea of applying snail mucin on the skin may seem foreign or even gross to many, and I understand that, but its use in the beauty industry has been around for a long time in Korea. Snail slime mucin is a type of mucus secreted by snail and is actually rich in elastic, glycolic acid and proteins of high and low molecular weight hyaluronic acid and antioxidants.

Here are some interesting facts on how snails benefit from their own mucin: it actually protects and heals its squishy foot as they move through rough surfaces like rocks. As for the beauty industry, snail mucin is known to reduce inflammation, restore damaged tissue, hydrate and effective in treating acne and scarring.

And I got to try it myself. My friend Fenny raved about Benton's Snail Bee High Content Essence and when she asked me if I would be fine using snail mucin in my face, I said yes without any hesitation. 


Benton claims this product "is for all types of skin including sensitive and troubled ones. Instead of water, the product uses snail secretion filtrate, bee venom and EGF to cleanse your rough and damaged skin from various stresses and pollution. In addition to the skin-troubled care, moisture supply and skin tone improvement functions, Arbutin and Adenosine contents of the product help you whitening your skin and remove wrinkles.



Now here are my thoughts. It is surprising that a product contains no water and no alcohol. This bottle contains 90% snail extract and bee venom. I love how snail secretion filtrate is the first ingredient listed, so you're not getting bogus claims about the ingredients. Doesn't it bug you when a brand raves about an ingredient and you find it towards the end of the ingredient list? 

Another interesting fact about snail mucin is that aside from all the benefits listed in the beginning, it also helps with photodamage and it has antibacterial properties. 

As for bee venom, which has been popular in Asia for a long time,"tricks" your body thinking you've been stung to increase collagen production and promote healing. Hence this is a fabulous product not just for those battling with spots, but also for anyone looking to improve their over-all skin tone and clarity. 

I've been using it for a month and have been pleasantly surprised with the results. I use it right after cleansing as a serum. It actually has a clear, gel consistency that spreads easily almost into nothing. In a matter of seconds, you can't tell it's on your skin. It is fragrance free and it doesn't even have a funky smell to it. 



I posted a picture on Instagram three weeks ago after giving myself a facial massage. You can judge my skin for yourself. Ever since I started using this product, my skin has been amazing and I'm actually actually not even wearing any makeup most days. 

Packaging-wise, this comes in a plastic bottle and you get 60ml. It comes with a pump and usually one pump is enough to cover my face, but I like to use two to cover my neck as well. Though the bottle itself doesn't feel luxurious, this is a perfect example of how sometimes you shouldn't judge a product by its appearance but rather by what's inside.

You can shop Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence here. Oh and a bonus? It's affordable.

Ingredients
Snail Secretion Filtrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Arbutin, Human Ogliopeptide-1, Bee Venom, Plantago Asiatica Extract, Laminana Digita Extract, Dios Pyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Campestris (Elm) Extract, Bacilus Ferment, Azelaic Acid, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Beta-Glucan, Betaine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Cross Polymer, Adenosine, Panthenol, Allantoin, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Arginine



No comments:

Post a Comment